Taxi or Shuttle from FLL airport to ship?

poparapro

We will be cruising on Celebrity in February, flying and arriving at Fort Lauderdale airport. Is it better to just take a taxi to the ship or go through the cruise line and get their shuttle? We would appreciate any advice as we've never been to Florida. Thanks in advance!!

Agree with Wrona...........taxi..........best choice!;)

Agree, definitely a taxi is the way to go, (After your cruise as well. Grab a taxi post-cruise back to the airport and avoid waiting for the motorcoach to fill with fellow passengers and their bags!). ;)

Ft Lauderdale has TONS of taxi's.

After you claim your luggage -- just go to the taxi stand -- should only have to wait a couple of minutes while others are getting their luagge loaded into taxis.

It is only a short drive to the terminals -- just tell your taxi driver the name of your ship and he will know what terminal to take you to.

Since Ft Lauderdale does have security to get into the pier area -- have ready your passport and cruise documents -- many times they check them.

We will be cruising on Celebrity in February, flying and arriving at Fort Lauderdale airport. Is it better to just take a taxi to the ship or go through the cruise line and get their shuttle? We would appreciate any advice as we've never been to Florida. Thanks in advance!!

Hello,

You should plan on arriving in Fort Lauderdale the day before your cruise, especially in February.

I agree that it is best to use a taxi from the FLL airport to the cruise terminal. However, the FLL airport has a free shuttle from the airport to the cruise terminal that you catch at the car rental places, specifically a short walk from Alamo. This shuttle is very good, is free, and drops you off right in front of your ship's terminal.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

Just to clarify about the free shuttle. That is for car rental customers. They don't always check, but sometimes they do. The driver asked us who we rented from, and I told him, and offered my receipt. He said he trusted me, but said they get quite a bit of "freeloaders" as he called them.

But if you want to try, the car rental center is in the parking garage across from terminal 1 (Continental, Southwest, Northwest, Jetblue and Frontier). You'll go up the escalator from baggage claim, across the bridge to the car rental center, up one more level, out the door and all the way down to the right. The bus will say Port Everglades on it. From any other terminal, I'd just take a cab to the cruise port instead of waiting for the shuttle to the rental center.

I agree that taxi is best way from FLL to pier. Fare should be about $10. These are metered cabs. Make sure the driver puts the meter on. There have been some complaints about drivers not using the meter and overcharging.

Hi,

We are a family of 10 and will cruise in Dec.

We have a couple of questions about taxi'ing to the port.

I agree that taxi is best way from FLL to pier. Fare should be about $10. These are metered cabs. Make sure the driver puts the meter on. There have been some complaints about drivers not using the meter and overcharging.

Do they charge extra fee for the luggages? We have 10 people. Do u think 2 taxi is good enough with luggages?

Just to clarify about the free shuttle. That is for car rental customers. They don't always check, but sometimes they do. The driver asked us who we rented from, and I told him, and offered my receipt. He said he trusted me, but said they get quite a bit of "freeloaders" as he called them.

But if you want to try, the car rental center is in the parking garage across from terminal 1 (Continental, Southwest, Northwest, Jetblue and Frontier). You'll go up the escalator from baggage claim, across the bridge to the car rental center, up one more level, out the door and all the way down to the right. The bus will say Port Everglades on it. From any other terminal, I'd just take a cab to the cruise port instead of waiting for the shuttle to the rental center.

Is there any rental car pickup right at the airport? or all customers have to take the shuttle to Port Everglades to pickup their rental? Is that place right at the cruise terminal? Can u basically walk to the port terminal with the luggages?

Thanks in advance

When you have taken the taxi to the cruise port has anyone stopped at a store to pick up wine and soda? If you have, do you suggest having the cab wait or let them go and catch another. I am wondering at the cost if the meter would be running while in the store. any suggestions on stores?

Sorry for all the questions but we've never flown in before:eek:

Thanks,

Patti

GREAT Question - I would also like to stop at a store to purchase pop and water before getting to the cruise dock. Is it too costly for a taxi to wait while you run in to get such items???? Anyone done this??? Are there any stores near the cruise ship dock where you can purchase anything before boarding the ship????

GREAT Question - I would also like to stop at a store to purchase pop and water before getting to the cruise dock. Is it too costly for a taxi to wait while you run in to get such items???? Anyone done this??? Are there any stores near the cruise ship dock where you can purchase anything before boarding the ship????

There's a Publix grocery store on 17th St Causeway and a liquor store across the street, Mayhew's I think. You could take the cab from airport North on Federal Hwy and go east on 17th st Publix is on the right. I've stopped at this Publix several times for the same things. Have him wait and then continue to the port.

Archived