South Beach Hotel, on the beach for pre-cruise

gill_boo

Thanks Kel,

I'll keep an eye on hotwire...

Any idea which hotel that would be?

Mike

Hi Mike,

My guess is the "Richmond Hotel" -- nice location, but gets mixed reviews over on TripAdvisor. Check it out:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34439-d86968-Reviews-Richmond_Hotel-Miami_Beach_Florida.html

Good luck and I would look for a four star if possible, as rooms are usually small in SoBe.

Kel

Hi Mike,

My guess is the "Richmond Hotel" -- nice location, but gets mixed reviews over on TripAdvisor. Check it out:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34439-d86968-Reviews-Richmond_Hotel-Miami_Beach_Florida.html

Good luck and I would look for a four star if possible, as rooms are usually small in SoBe.

Kel

Kel,

I think you're right. I was going to post same info. Thanks for the advice about checking 4*s.

Mike

We stayed at the Richmond and it was RIGHT on the beach. I am sure reviews are mixed...it is old and rooms are small. While it wasn't the nicest hotel we've ever stayed at it wasn't the worst. Fabulous, fabulous location.

Unless you hit priceline off season, in the winter, rates are going to be very high. I think we paid $229 for the Richmond in March. Also, the Marseilles is right next door and assume would be the same quality, etc., The high end SB hotels, National, Delano, etc., will cost you a fortune...granted, we only live once but $500 a night isn't in my budget!

Hi everyone,

Check out this link for hotel info on sobe hotels and locations...

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=1&tid=34503964

Also, SAS transport charges $15 /per fro FLL to most SOBE hotels and back to Port Everglades each way. Just called Steve...nice guy and has some great advice on area of SOBE to stay.

Mike

From Jesse44..... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=16280092#post16280092

"You should definitely call Steve who is the owner of SAS Transportation. As you can read throughout the CC board he is a great guy who will go out of his way to make you comfortable.

They are charging $15 per person (4 person minimum) from FLL Airport to the Port of Miami and the same price on the return. Plus, with you having 4 passengers, unless they have other riders there at the same time as you arrive they will take your group right then and you will have the van to yourself."

A nice guy and a good service.

1-954-600-0240

www.ridesas.com

sas9897@aol.com

We stayed at the Palms last summer and loved it. I got it on Hotwire for around 100/night. It was right on the beach and a short taxi ride to any place that we wanted to go.

Glad to hear you loved the Palms. I just got it on Price Line for $60 ($75 total with taxes/fees) for this coming Thursday. How much was the taxi from the airport and to the port?

• 1 month later...

Both The Colony and The Marseilles are nice moderate hotels. While not the Ritz-Carlton or the Setai, they certainly hold their own in swanky South Beach.

Also along the same lines, The Richmond, The Shelbourne, The South Seas, The Cordoza, Doubletree Surfcomber, and South Beach Courtyard By Marriott.

• 1 month later...

We just used Hotwire and are paying $105/night for the 3.5 star Clinton Hotel & Spa in South Beach (2 blocks from beach) for the night before our cruise in March.

Can't comment on the experience yet, but I have friends who used to live in Miami and they said the hotel is nice. Plus the price is right!!!!!

Archived