Food you like the best ?

southbayer

Whoa, that's some big shrimp! Why have I not had that before?? :confused:

I believe they call that plate sweet & sour shrimp, so you really don't expect it to be fried shrimp with separate sweet & sour sauce for dipping. You definitely need to try it next time!

I believe they call that plate sweet & sour shrimp, so you really don't expect it to be fried shrimp with separate sweet & sour sauce for dipping. You definitely need to try it next time!

Thank you for that. That's exactly why I've never tried it... I like my shrimp to taste like shrimp.

Definitely on my to-try list. :)

On my recent Victory cruise, I became addicted to the onion rings. O.K., I know they are just frozen onion rings, but they were the best I've had in years. I had to get them every afternoon, between lunch and dinner.

While not the best, I eat a burger and fries every afternoon in between lunch and dinner without fail!!

Thank you someone for finally mentioning the burgers! On my first cruise, I swear they put crack or narcotics in them, I would not stop eating them because they were so good!! I could skip the fries and just leave room for two burgers!

Besides all the wonderful dining room menu items, I found two things I absolutely love. It is really weird but I love the buffet salsa in the mornings with those greasy little hashbrown things. It's not great salsa, but I HAD to have it, not once or twice, but every morning with those stupid little potatoes! The other thing was discovered during the chocolate buffet. I think they were rum balls. Dipped in the chocolate, they were heaven. I didn't know they were rum balls, if they were. I just know my friend's little boy and I just kept eating and eating them:o Found out later they were rum balls. OOps!!!!

Warm chocolate melting cake and grand marnier souffle. I love dessert. I can't eat shrimp due to an allergy so I avoid all seafood, except for some fish. I guess for meat, chateaubriand. And I do love the burgers and fries. Since we do late seating, I tend to eat something around 4-5 to keep food in my stomach and usually it's either a burger or tuna salad from the deli, and of course ice cream.

Thank you someone for finally mentioning the burgers! On my first cruise, I swear they put crack or narcotics in them, I would not stop eating them because they were so good!! I could skip the fries and just leave room for two burgers!

One night in the dining room nothing on the menu jumped out at me. I looked at the bottom and it something about an angus burger. I ordered it w/bacon, cheese, and avocado (you should have seen the look on the waiters face - you could of had duck but you want a burger?). It was probably one of the top five burgers I ever had. I'm anxious to try the "bbq" ribs off the bottom of the menu also. (That would be in 65 days:D )

The chatueau briand and some pasta dish I recently had on the Triumph. Both were amazing and you could get the pasta dish as an appetizer.

I also love the burgers and fries. Especially after a long excursion...yummy! :D

I have never tried the chocolate melting cake...:eek: .....in 4 cruises!

What specific food do you like the best of a cruise ship ?
My all time favorite food on a cruise ship is the BBQ chicken I had on the NCL Star in Oct 2005. So I was really looking forward to the BBQ chicken on the NCL Jade in Feb 2008. Unfortunately the Jade received the wrong BBQ units and was not able to do any outdoor BBQing on the cruise. :mad:

For an "extra meal", DH loves the gourmet hot dogs topped with a mound of grilled onions and I don't know what else. I'm not a hot dog fan, so I have never tried them, but he's crazy about them. I like the pepperoni pizza. I've never had pizza with such a light crust before. Some of their pre-made pizzas have some strange toppings that are kinda...:eek:. But the pepperoni is always good. ;) Oh yeah, can't forget the turkey wrap! It's sooooo good, too!

All this talk about my favorite cruise foods, and I have to wait 52 more days before I board another ship! :( (Meanwhile, I am dieting like crazy, so I can indulge in my favorite foods on the cruise!)

Archived