Singapore Hotel, Central for Two Nights Prior to Cruise?

Paulmj

Lots of choices but at the moment the newest and among the best is the St Regis, right in the middle of everything. You can also check out the Ritz Carlton Millenia and the Valley Wing of the Shangri La.

What cruise are you on as I will also be in those two cities pre and post cruise this February/March?

I would pass on the Ritz Carlton. It is definitely not central. My wife and I enjoy walking so long walks are no big deal and when we were in Singapore recently we walked over to the Ritz and it is way far from just about everything.

Go to the following line at frommers and it will give you a series of hotels to consider. I would look at something near Orchard Road and these are duly noted on the list.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/singapore/77_indacc.html

We spent two days in Singapore earlier this year as part of a world cruise we were on. Wonderful place. So much to see. In addition to taking long walks to visit many sites we also made use of their subway system. Very easy to use. In fact it is right adjacent to the cruise ship terminal. You can take it to Orchard Street, Chinatown, Little India and so many other places.

Keith

We were in Singapore in February. Highly recommend the Valley Wing of the Shangri La. Large rooms, quiet location and beautiful grounds. Valley Wing includes breakfast and drinks and munchies in the afternoon. We walked to Orchard Road shopping and also to the underground. Singapore is an easy city to navigate and people are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Loved it! Enjoy your trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the Swiss hotel Merchant Court. its on Clarke key the marina area, subway outside 5 minutes into City. 2 blocks from china town, three subway stops to the cruise terminal.if there booked out the Novatel is a good option.its close by.

Archived