Best Deals onboard?

FMCowboy

I like the "bag of laundry" for $15.00 bucks....Love to go home with most of my clothes clean and think this is a GREAT bargain.

Love the price of cigarettes. (I don't smoke myself but buy cartons for my friends who do back home). Where we live, it's about 65.00 a carton so the ships price is terrific.

Love the specials they have on quality liquor - especially when they run their "two fer".....

Sometimes toward the end of the cruise, especially if it's nearing the end of a "season", they'll run really good sales on their high-end t-shirts. Being retired, I LIVE in t-shirts and jeans at home.....so, I enhance my wardrobe with these very nicely made shirts....

Gotta agree with G'ma! The t-shirts on sale the last sea day were like $5 for t-shirts with $30+ price tags. (It did seem a bit worse than black friday shopping though with everyone grabbing at what they could reach!) The 2 for liquor can't be beat. We get 2 bottles of absolut for less than the price of one back home.

I agree about the great deal on t-shirts. My dh has picked up some from each of our cruises. They will have a 2 for $20 sale on the last day of the cruise. When it says 2 for you will have to buy 2 to get the deal. Just wanted to point that out so you don't end up standing in line only to find out you have to go get that second one. They also have some deals on the tshirts on the walls. If I remember correctly those were on sale for $15 each. My dh and son got a really nice Carnival logo embroidered on it sweat shirt with a 1/4 zipper front on the Valor. It was half off and somewhere around $32. The quality and feel are excellent and both have said it's well worth what they paid.

Now on the Liberty Carnival was smart .....they had sales on sea glass figurines. They had them out on a table and long lines of people trying to grab the ones they wanted. $10 for sea glass, limited quantities displayed, employee frantically opening cardboard boxes trying to locate the ones people were searching for, crowds of people all grabbing trying to get in on this "killer deal" was extremely smart on Carnival's part. Yes, I admit I stood there to get 2 of them and while they are nice I was smacking myself later for spending over an hour of my last day on such foolishness! On the Valor they had a them on display in the gift shop marked down to $10 on the last night and not a person in sight trying to grab em all up. So be careful so you don't fall for that trap. Crowds don't always mean a killer deal....next time my dh will remind me :)

The $10 special they ran on Pashmina shawls was a steal. And when we got there they also had sequined shawls at $10 and $15, which is about half what you pay here. They come in really handy in the dining room and at shows.:)

Cigarettes are very reasonable also. My DH tries to bring back as many as possible.

Booze is cheap. And they advertize that if you find a cheaper price on rum cakes, they will match it. How you would prove that you found it outside of buying it and getting a receipt I don't know.:confused:

The last day or so, they do run a special on their clothing, but when we went down there was nothing left that fit or that we would wear.:(

lol I fell for that too, I have a little turtle sitting in my TV cabinet that I just had to have before it sold out! :D

I agree about the great deal on t-shirts. My dh has picked up some from each of our cruises. They will have a 2 for $20 sale on the last day of the cruise. When it says 2 for you will have to buy 2 to get the deal. Just wanted to point that out so you don't end up standing in line only to find out you have to go get that second one. They also have some deals on the tshirts on the walls. If I remember correctly those were on sale for $15 each. My dh and son got a really nice Carnival logo embroidered on it sweat shirt with a 1/4 zipper front on the Valor. It was half off and somewhere around $32. The quality and feel are excellent and both have said it's well worth what they paid.

Now on the Liberty Carnival was smart .....they had sales on sea glass figurines. They had them out on a table and long lines of people trying to grab the ones they wanted. $10 for sea glass, limited quantities displayed, employee frantically opening cardboard boxes trying to locate the ones people were searching for, crowds of people all grabbing trying to get in on this "killer deal" was extremely smart on Carnival's part. Yes, I admit I stood there to get 2 of them and while they are nice I was smacking myself later for spending over an hour of my last day on such foolishness! On the Valor they had a them on display in the gift shop marked down to $10 on the last night and not a person in sight trying to grab em all up. So be careful so you don't fall for that trap. Crowds don't always mean a killer deal....next time my dh will remind me :)

Sometimes they'll have clearance photo albums. I like to get an 8 X 10 of the ship that is normally $4. They had 2 sided portfolios on sale for $4 and you got the picture for free. So that was a no brainer. They also had little brag wallet books super cheap, like $3.

What are some of the best deals onboard? Souvenirs, drinks, services,etc.... What have folks got the most bang for their buck on?

Ditto t's, cigs and Sheridans. I usually go to the gift shop on the lst day and find the t I want, then wait until the last sea day when they are on sale and snatch a few up. ;) WARNING: you know those long sticky things they put on t's with the sizes? S, M, L, XL, etc? Bought one in M for myself a few cruises ago, got back to the cabin and saw that the tag inside the shirt said XL. I took it back and fortunately they had a M and gave me a fair exchange. Check before you buy!:eek: They also offer the combo t/baseball cap. The t is rolled up inside the hat. I think they're $19.95. Buy the t in your size and give the hat (which is adjustable) to DH! :o

Ditto t's, cigs and Sheridans. I usually go to the gift shop on the lst day and find the t I want, then wait until the last sea day when they are on sale and snatch a few up. ;) WARNING: you know those long sticky things they put on t's with the sizes? S, M, L, XL, etc? Bought one in M for myself a few cruises ago, got back to the cabin and saw that the tag inside the shirt said XL. I took it back and fortunately they had a M and gave me a fair exchange. Check before you buy!:eek: They also offer the combo t/baseball cap. The t is rolled up inside the hat. I think they're $19.95. Buy the t in your size and give the hat (which is adjustable) to DH! :o

What to AVOID!

DO NOT waste your time and energy fighting over the watches in their "fabulous watch sale". The watches are very cheaply made and not even worth the "bargain price" they offer. They were literally falling apart as people took them out to look at them.

Don't stand in line to buy the "gold or silver by the inch". If you really want it, they will still have plenty to go around after the crowds clear. However, it's not such a bargain when you add in the price of the clasp.

In the specialty items of the stuff you can buy on carnival.com before you get onboard there is a Hat, soft sided six pack cooler, nice glass logo beer mug, and 4 beers for about 32 bucks. I usually order this so I have some prepaid beers waiting when I get aboard, and I use the cooler all cruise long to keep the beer I smuggled on board cold when I go to the pool. The glass is a big glass so I love drinking out of it at home. That's a lot for 32 bucks considering what the beers alone would cost onboard.

Cheers!

What to AVOID!

Don't stand in line to buy the "gold or silver by the inch". If you really want it, they will still have plenty to go around after the crowds clear. However, it's not such a bargain when you add in the price of the clasp.

Agreed! I never thought I'd be one of those to purchase "by the inch" but I did. There's no way I'd pay $6 for a clasp when I had a bag of clasps that I'd gotten for maybe $2 for 30 at Hobby Lobby.

Booze is cheap. And they advertize that if you find a cheaper price on rum cakes, they will match it. How you would prove that you found it outside of buying it and getting a receipt I don't know.:confused:

I asked this very question. If there is a flyer you can bring that on board and show them. Also if you have a digital camera or camera phone, you can snap a quick picture of it. Make sure it says the price and the size.

Archived