New cabin categories??

I have been out of town the last 5 days so excuse me if this has been posted recently. I just noticed in my current booking that inside and outside cabins from Riviera to empress deck now have different colors. By that I mean for example the front and back cabins for inside are 1 category color while the middle inside cabins are a different color hence a different category on the SAME DECK. This holds true for outside cabins and balconies as well. Prime OV middle cabins on rivieradeck on the Glory are now a 6B?? Are these changes fleetwide?

BTW I am now 56 days out and still not cabin assignment.

Wow I just checked and am glad I booked when I did. I have an aft on the Glory that I booked as a 8B and is now a 8G. I have 1 family cabin for 5 booked on the Dream that I booked as a 6B and is now a 6D. Maybe I have saved some money.

I think Valor has already been changed, and someone posted Glory had too. Carnival says it will be fleetwide. Not sure how long ago this was announced, but its true. Get ready lol, we are going to have to learn new categories.

Conquest is next.

For those already booked, the new categories won't affect your cost or location on the ship. But, here's the kicker. The prices have gone up for these "new" locations. We already have an aft booked on the Valor for next April, but to get the same cabin now costs $80 per more! What this means to me is a lesser chance of my ever seeing any OBC!:(

Here's the original thread I started after having a conversation with my PVP.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=826229

Someone else started another thread, so there may be some more current info out there.

I'm looking at Miracle 12/09, and don't see any changes in cabin categories, yet. Thing is, I was hoping to wait until I returned home from Fascination in December to book it, but I'm afraid that if I wait, the area I want will be recategorized and cost more (I normally book midship becaues of motion issues).

The light dawns, I kept thinking carnival was having issues yesterday. I would go to find a cruise and click on conquest and nothing came up hour after hour until I gave up. Yep, they changed the categories. The new ones are now showing for Conquest, drat!!!

Here's the original thread I started after having a conversation with my PVP.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=826229

Someone else started another thread, so there may be some more current info out there.

I'm looking at Miracle 12/09, and don't see any changes in cabin categories, yet. Thing is, I was hoping to wait until I returned home from Fascination in December to book it, but I'm afraid that if I wait, the area I want will be recategorized and cost more (I normally book midship becaues of motion issues).

I don't know if they'll do much with the Spirit class as they already have spilt categories on most decks.

They did change the categories on the Conquest ships.

Daughter and I are looked for Glory in Oct. When they first assigned our cabin it was listed as an 8C now they list it was an 8D (we booked an 8A balcony guarantee)

I'm curious as to what will happen with the other two cruises we have booked for Feb. and Oct 09.

Archived