Upgrade/OBC fairy finally strikes!!!

sunnidayz

While browsing current available rooms for our Oct. 20th cruise on the Victory, I noticed a significant price drop. While I did not see any current prices on the Lido deck (where we had booked a room) I did notice that the panorama and spa deck cabins were less than we had paid originally. I contacted Carnival to see if we could apply the OBC. Initially, she stated that there weren't any Lido rooms available to price, but I pointed out I could save $100.00 a ticket by upgrading to the Panorama deck. At that point she discussed options with her supervisor and they decided to offer us an upgrade to the spa deck and a $190 per person onboard credit.:D First time we've ever had a price drop affect us and I can't be more pleased with Carnival's efforts to be more than fair. Am I biased? Well....yes, this will be my sixth cruise and DH's 8th with Carnival, and they continue to exceed our expectations.

Anyway, just thought I'd share our good fortune in the hopes that some others on this cruise, or another can benefit from prices dropping.:)

A

While browsing current available rooms for our Oct. 20th cruise on the Victory, I noticed a significant price drop. While I did not see any current prices on the Lido deck (where we had booked a room) I did notice that the panorama and spa deck cabins were less than we had paid originally. I contacted Carnival to see if we could apply the OBC. Initially, she stated that there weren't any Lido rooms available to price, but I pointed out I could save $100.00 a ticket by upgrading to the Panorama deck. At that point she discussed options with her supervisor and they decided to offer us an upgrade to the spa deck and a $190 per person onboard credit.:D First time we've ever had a price drop affect us and I can't be more pleased with Carnival's efforts to be more than fair. Am I biased? Well....yes, this will be my sixth cruise and DH's 8th with Carnival, and they continue to exceed our expectations.

Anyway, just thought I'd share our good fortune in the hopes that some others on this cruise, or another can benefit from prices dropping.:)

A

Congrats on your upgrade and OBC!!! :D

This has never happened to us so congrats! Nice to know that someone gets it. Although we did get a upgrade to a category 11 once and that was not to shabby. I have been watching our Freedom cruise planned for Dec and price has only gone up and actually it has doubled for the same balcony category so I guess booking a year in advance has its perks.

My cruise price dropped below what I paid for a higher cat cabin, but with the fuel charge and we have two cabins, not worth giving up my cabin. I guess no one wants to cruise next week with us with all the hurricanes going around hahhahahahaha

We finally got our cabin assignment (booked a balcony guarantee) & it turns out we have an Aft Cabin on the Freedom. Anyone have any thoughts on Aft Cabins? Am I lucky to get this? I also received another OBC credit as the price went down another 150 per person. (Up to $500 bucks now-Whoo hoo

We finally got our cabin assignment (booked a balcony guarantee) & it turns out we have an Aft Cabin on the Freedom. Anyone have any thoughts on Aft Cabins? Am I lucky to get this? I also received another OBC credit as the price went down another 150 per person. (Up to $500 bucks now-Whoo hoo

We have a aft cabin on the upper deck started with a oceanview but when this aft came available at lower price we switched. watching all the price drops we have stayed in that cabin even though we have been offered upgrades we now have a 625 OBC along with the aft cabin. I can't complain since the rate at the moment is cheaper then the oceanview I originally booked Enjoy the cruise we are on the same one

pjnc

Myrtle Beach, SC

If that cabin is a FULL aft, then yes you got yourself a sweet deal. We love the aft cabins. The views are absolutely incredible and it's nice and quiet back there. You'll be able to see both sides at the same time while sailing and when the ship backs into port (which it does a lot) then you'll see the port coming and going. So that terrific cabin AND OBC? You're blessed.

I checked our cruise prices a couple of days ago and they had gone down 20 dollars. So, from reading CC all the time I knew to call and get on OBC. It's not much, but it's exciting anyway. First time I've seen the price go down instead of up.

Now, my next question. I sail in two weeks. So when is the latest I should watch for a price drop? Surely at some point they won't honor it, right?

I have a 130 OBC and was assigned a 6c on the OV guarantee... it was originally a 6A but there was another special going on for past guests which upgraded me from a 6B to a 6C for the same cost... I went with it... I will continue to watch the prices though. If it goes down I want my money:) Especially with airfare being so steep.

If that cabin is a FULL aft, then yes you got yourself a sweet deal. We love the aft cabins. The views are absolutely incredible and it's nice and quiet back there. You'll be able to see both sides at the same time while sailing and when the ship backs into port (which it does a lot) then you'll see the port coming and going. So that terrific cabin AND OBC? You're blessed.

The cabin is 7449 -it looks like it is second one in from the wrap around on starboard side. Are the ones closer to the middle actually a bit smaller?

This is a kind of stupid question. As far as checking the rates. Do you check it with the carnival site or with other travel sites. Also if you book through a TA will they typically check for that or do you have to ask. Our TA is coming on the trip with us, free of course. Also how much is a big enough difference and do i call or does my TA have to call. I paid 375 pp. The last time i checked it was at like 290 pp. What do i tell them when i call? Sorry for all the questions I'm new to this and the more i save on this cruise, the more i can spend on this cruise, lol. I work for walmart so am used to having to pinch pennies, lol. I was able to save $90 on a hotel room in NOLA with my employee discount.

Jessica

This is a kind of stupid question. As far as checking the rates. Do you check it with the carnival site or with other travel sites. Also if you book through a TA will they typically check for that or do you have to ask. Our TA is coming on the trip with us, free of course. Also how much is a big enough difference and do i call or does my TA have to call. I paid 375 pp. The last time i checked it was at like 290 pp. What do i tell them when i call? Sorry for all the questions I'm new to this and the more i save on this cruise, the more i can spend on this cruise, lol. I work for walmart so am used to having to pinch pennies, lol. I was able to save $90 on a hotel room in NOLA with my employee discount.

Jessica

Just check the main sites like Travelocity, expedia,etc.. I would think 50 bucks or more would get me to ask for an OBC. If you booked through a TA then they will have to call Carnival directly. I tried calling myself for an OBC but the PVP would not help me.

The cabin is 7449 -it looks like it is second one in from the wrap around on starboard side. Are the ones closer to the middle actually a bit smaller?

All balcony cabins will be the same size. It's the balconies that could be different. On a full aft they are larger than on the sides.

This is a kind of stupid question. As far as checking the rates. Do you check it with the carnival site or with other travel sites. Also if you book through a TA will they typically check for that or do you have to ask. Our TA is coming on the trip with us, free of course. Also how much is a big enough difference and do i call or does my TA have to call. I paid 375 pp. The last time i checked it was at like 290 pp. What do i tell them when i call?

Jessica

Just call your TA and tell her what you saw and where. Carnival prices are usually advertised the same on TA sites as on their site, so if you've seen it for $290 on their site, you definitely need to call your TA. Your TA will have to make the call to Carnival cause they won't deal directly with you. But that's a pretty big difference pp so call right away before the prices go back up and you lose your window of opportunity to score the OBC. (TA's will help you get that credit but they don't usually watch out for price drops for you; that's your responsibility.)

On my first and only cruise on the Valor we were upgraded to the Spa deck from an OVG. The one thing I LOVED about it besides the floor to ceiling window? While my Hubby and boys were showering and getting ready for dinner, I used the showers in the Spa. A world of difference......Enjoy!!!!

Archived