Solstice - 2-night cruise - Nov. 21, 2008

nadalina

Any other solo cruisers considering this pre-inaugural cruise? I am booked on it and so far there are only couples signed up on the Roll Call. I cruise solo probably 75% of the time and would love the chance to meet some of the other solo cruisers on this Board.

Thanks,

Peggy

Any other solo cruisers considering this pre-inaugural cruise? I am booked on it and so far there are only couples signed up on the Roll Call. I cruise solo probably 75% of the time and would love the chance to meet some of the other solo cruisers on this Board.

Thanks,

Peggy

Hey Peggy:) I was thinking of going but 600.00 for 2 nights

is just more than I want to spend.

Hope you have a great time though:) I went to the Preview

down in Miami in July....looks like she is going to be a beauty.

Hey Peggy:) I was thinking of going but 600.00 for 2 nights

is just more than I want to spend.

Hope you have a great time though:) I went to the Preview

down in Miami in July....looks like she is going to be a beauty.

Hi Lois. Yes, I agree it's a lot and I have airfare too. But if it was double occupancy instead of single, it would be $150 per night for a C1 - Concierge Aft Balcony Cabin, which is about the same price I'm paying for the 7-night in February. Hopefully my daughter will be able to go with me on that one. Don't know why I feel so compelled to take this 2-nighter because financially it certainly makes no sense for me, but I am so excited about this new ship. I have never been able to go on any inaugural cruise for various reasons but I have always wanted to. So while this is not the Solstice's inaugural cruise, I'll still get to be one of the first paying passengers onboard and I just simply can't wait!!!

Hope to meet you some other time.

Peggy

Hi all!

I will be on the Nov 21st sailing as a solo cruiser! I justified it as 1)

I have NEVER sailed on a brand new ship, and 2) have never had a balcony/veranda.

I am looking forward to it, as she looks like she's a beaut! They will however, have trouble getting me off the ship! LOL!!

Di

Hi all!

I will be on the Nov 21st sailing as a solo cruiser! I justified it as 1)

I have NEVER sailed on a brand new ship, and 2) have never had a balcony/veranda.

I am looking forward to it, as she looks like she's a beaut! They will however, have trouble getting me off the ship! LOL!!

Di

Hey, Di. I am so glad to know you're going too! And I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to leave. I'm in one of the aft balcony cabins on the Panorama Deck and I'm really anxious to see the entire ship because, as you say, she's a real beauty. Are you having to fly to the port as well or can you drive? Because of the airlines cutting back and canceling so many flights, I'm coming in the evening before just to be on the safe side.

Hope to see you onboard!

Peggy

Hi Peggy!

I went for one of the Aqua Spa cabins. ( I mean, if you're gonna splurge, go all the way, right?!) Not sure of my cabin number just yet.

I am in Maryland, so, yes, I have to fly to the port. The best deal I found was on Jet Blue, out of Dulles. I priced Southwest and Air Tran...but they have gotten to be waaay overpriced. I booked for $279 ( including fees, security, etc).

Hope to see you onboard!

Di

Good morning, Di. I see that you posted your name to the Roll Call. The CC group is really growing for this little cruise...... 36 so far, I believe. I chose one of the Concierge Class (C1) aft cabins because that's what I have booked in February and I really wanted to get an idea of what it will be like. They are just on different decks - this one on the Panorama Deck and the one in February on the Sky Deck. Maybe I should have tried one of the Aqua Class cabins so I would get to experience both types, but I just love that view of the ship's wake and the gentle breeze. My grown daughter is supposed to go with me in February but if she doesn't I'll just come solo.

I know what you mean about the air fares and Southwest. They fly out of Birmingham too but they are certainly no longer the bargain they once were. I have not booked my flight yet but will shortly. I might drive over to Atlanta because flights are generally much less expensive from there. I do have my hotel, though, for Thursday night, which I bid for on priceline.com, and I got a great deal at the Airport Hilton for literally less than half of what it was listed for on several online booking resources, including Hilton's own website.

I am so excited about this short cruise and look forward to meeting you soon.

Take care,

Peggy

Hi:D ...you 2 are making me wish I could go too:eek:

My problem is I have a final payment due for a January

cruise...and I leave NEXT weekend for Alaska. The $$

just isn't there for this one....If it was 300.00 I would definitely try,

but because solos pay double I just cannot fork out

600 bucks:( and thats not with drinks, etc...etc.....

Fooeeyyy:confused:

I can see your point, Lois. If I lived in Florida I would love to do this cruise, but for me with all the hassles of dealing with the airports and the way too expensive airfare doesn't make this work for me. We've been looking for airfare out of Milwaukee to FLL for our next cruise, and the cheapest we can find is nearly $600---isn't that nuts. But to those going, I hope to hear a good report on Solstice. We're going to be on the Dec 7 cruise.

I can see your point, Lois. If I lived in Florida I would love to do this cruise, but for me with all the hassles of dealing with the airports and the way too expensive airfare doesn't make this work for me. We've been looking for airfare out of Milwaukee to FLL for our next cruise, and the cheapest we can find is nearly $600---isn't that nuts. But to those going, I hope to hear a good report on Solstice. We're going to be on the Dec 7 cruise.

Darcie, you won't believe this:eek: I had originally booked

Dec 7th Solstice but when I found out Galaxy was leaving

I transferred my booking so I could go back on Galaxy

one more time. The price for a 10 nighter was too good to pass up,

even for a solo.

Ya'll are going on Dec 7th?...so we miss each other

again:confused: ..geeezzzzzz.....

I am the one who started the roll call for your sailing

although I did not chat much on there.

Check it out...its a busy one.

Have a good weekend and hopefully one day we will

meet:)