Group Transportation

karmavacations

I have a group of 28 people going in the ADVENTURE of the SEAS Sept. 28th. We were trying to get group transportaion to/from pier. RCCL has transfers for $29 per person. Can anyone recommend a private transfer company in which I could get a group rate. Or have any suggestions on how we can get to/from pier inexpensively? Any input would be helpful...Thanks!

Call or email your hotel. Most hotels can arrange larger transportation for a lot less than $29/pp!!! About a year ago, we had a small group of 10. I asked at the Marriott for suggestions and we had a large van there in no time. They ended up charging us about $4/pp to go to the Port in Old San Juan.

Janet

If everyone doesn't "Have-to" be in the same bus, you could just get taxis from the airport to the pier.

You can get multi-person vans as taxis- the cost would be $16.50 for the first 5 people in a taxi plus $1 per luggage. If you get a larger van, then it is $2 more person (plus the $1 per luggage). So it does come out to about $4- 4.25 each and you don't have to do anything except tell the taxi person at the airport how many people you have! Less hassle on your part and still a great deal for them!

The Taxi cab rep is right outside the baggage terminal.

See my info page:

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/getting-around-by-taxi/

Of course, you could contact http://www.viptaxicom for a private company.

I have a group of 28 people going in the ADVENTURE of the SEAS Sept. 28th. We were trying to get group transportaion to/from pier. RCCL has transfers for $29 per person. Can anyone recommend a private transfer company in which I could get a group rate. Or have any suggestions on how we can get to/from pier inexpensively? Any input would be helpful...Thanks!

Can't help you on the transfer part--but I see you are on the same cruise as alot of us are over under Sept 28/08 Anyone Coming Along with the roll calls.

• 3 weeks later...
If everyone doesn't "Have-to" be in the same bus, you could just get taxis from the airport to the pier.

You can get multi-person vans as taxis- the cost would be $16.50 for the first 5 people in a taxi plus $1 per luggage. If you get a larger van, then it is $2 more person (plus the $1 per luggage). So it does come out to about $4- 4.25 each and you don't have to do anything except tell the taxi person at the airport how many people you have! Less hassle on your part and still a great deal for them!

Thanks for the information on transportation. Do you know the maximum number of people that the PR taxis can accomodate with luggage? I have seen other sites that suggest the larger taxis are mini-vans that hold 7 passengers. It looks like there will be 8 persons in our party.

I don't know for sure....

you can try emailing or better yet calling and asking....http://www.cabspr.com/

Some of the vans are large, it may depend on the amount of luggage you have.

Thanks for the information on transportation. Do you know the maximum number of people that the PR taxis can accomodate with luggage? I have seen other sites that suggest the larger taxis are mini-vans that hold 7 passengers. It looks like there will be 8 persons in our party.

Archived