extra days at sea???

sox583

One time we had a 2 hour delay in departure because the ship was waiting for a delivery of booze and toilet tissue.:eek:

I know they always carre extra food, and booze should never be a problem, but man..imagine two days without TP...

Now, that would make a cruise miserable.

And that poor cruise director is going to have to earn his or her pay, because they may actually HAVE to plan some extra activities.

Ding, Ding, Ding! I'm your winner!:D

We started with a 4 day cruise on the Imagination in October of 2005! With Hurricane Wilma it turned into a 9 day cruise!

We were able to return to Miami after 6 days but the city still did not have electric or water. Airports were still closed and hotels were either close, booked up or raking people over the coals. We were offered by Carnival to come back on the ship for the remaining 3 days of the second cruise. This is what we did and had a blast!

To answer your question, there was plenty of food and booze! Since they could not pump water into the ship, we were running low on fresh water for drinking. We did refill in Nassau and it was all good!

If you want the entire story, click on the link below for that cruise. We were the lucky ones. Would have been bad if we were the ones cut down to a 3 day because of the hurricane.

We heard that one of the carnival ships has been delayed returning due to the hurricane. Has this happened to anyone? What is the food situation like?

Which one is the one you mean, lol. Both Fantasy and Ecstasy were due in, in the morning and both are wating until Wednesday to come in. Poor things. lol

I know they always carre extra food, and booze should never be a problem, but man..imagine two days without TP...

And that poor cruise director is going to have to earn his or her pay, because they may actually HAVE to plan some extra activities.

There's always the hot tubs ;) :D

Ding, Ding, Ding! I'm your winner!:D

We started with a 4 day cruise on the Imagination in October of 2005! With Hurricane Wilma it turned into a 9 day cruise!

We were able to return to Miami after 6 days but the city still did not have electric or water. Airports were still closed and hotels were either close, booked up or raking people over the coals. We were offered by Carnival to come back on the ship for the remaining 3 days of the second cruise. This is what we did and had a blast!

To answer your question, there was plenty of food and booze! Since they could not pump water into the ship, we were running low on fresh water for drinking. We did refill in Nassau and it was all good!

If you want the entire story, click on the link below for that cruise. We were the lucky ones. Would have been bad if we were the ones cut down to a 3 day because of the hurricane.

I'm confused. (not exactly a new feeling for me) I thought the ship made it's own supply of fresh water from sea water?

"If you want the entire story, click on the link below for that cruise. We were the lucky ones. Would have been bad if we were the ones cut down to a 3 day because of the hurricane.

"

I would love to hear about how you made lemonade out of lemons. Those are always great life lessons.

We are sitting here in Galveston waiting for the Ecstacy to return so we can get on!!

We are still laughing about the name of our Cruise Director.....GUSTAV

(You can't make stuff like this up) I bet he is catching a hard time right now!

Jabee, thanks for the congrats:) . I didn't notice that I was at 1,000 posts. We take Lizzie with us everywhere except cruises too:D . Went to Pa a couple years ago in Feb for a funeral. She was hilarious going potty in the snow:D . She couldn't figure out the crunchy icy snow on the ground. She has brought us so much joy. Do you know why they closed the previous post?

Archived