Tour for not-so-active seniors?

novembre

We are a couple of 70 yo seniors, healthy and normally active (for our age), but not up to long hikes or climbing mountains, and we're not interested in water activities (Well, maybe a walk on the beach would be nice). We'll be cruising in early December, and hopefully it won't be too hot.

So could I please have some suggestions for a tour?

Or would we be better to rent a car?

Our ship docks at Crown Bay, and I understand that it's too far to walk into town from there (for us anyway). We'd just like to do some shopping and see whatever sights worth seeing in St. Thomas. None of the ships tours are what we're looking for but I've read that there are others available.

Thanks so much to anyone who can give us some advice.

Nov

You should probably take one of the "two-hour" tours offered by the taxi drivers that will be lined up at the dock. For approximately $25 they'll take you to town for about two hours, then take you to see the most popular sites. The good tours will have a good speaker system, and will narrate as they drive around. They'll either drop you at the beach for about two hours, or let you spend a little bit of time at the beach so you can get your feet wet, and then they'll take you either back to town or to your ship.

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest Godfrey tours. His tour includes a couple of hours shopping downtown, a tour of St Thomas and a trip to the beach. If you choose not to go to the beach, he will drop you back at the ship.

We have used him a few times and plan to use him again in October. His tour including the beach is $25. He is very knowledgeable and he loves his island. He is far more quiet than Sonny Liston is. I am not sure of his website, but if you google Godfrey tours USVI you should be able to find him. (I am away from home for 2 weeks so I don't have his email/website addr with me.)

Enjoy.

If you have done any research into what you want to see-you can approach one of the private drivers or taxi drivers and bargain a price for the day .....it worked for us and had a great day and spent about $30 for a whole day tour ....

Have a great trip....

Linda

We've also gone with Godfrey a couple of times & I can assure you he's extraordinarily reliable. We go shopping in Charlotte Amalie for a couple of hours, (when you're finished shopping there's a great little bar/restaurant outside of the side door of AH Riise) and then he picks you up and takes you either to a beach or back to the ship. Right now his preference is Megan's Bay which I think is too crowded...so at my request he took us to Sapphire beach instead & let us stay an extra hour also! Great guy.

• 3 weeks later...
I would suggest Godfrey tours. His tour includes a couple of hours shopping downtown, a tour of St Thomas and a trip to the beach. If you choose not to go to the beach, he will drop you back at the ship.

We have used him a few times and plan to use him again in October. His tour including the beach is $25. He is very knowledgeable and he loves his island. He is far more quiet than Sonny Liston is. I am not sure of his website, but if you google Godfrey tours USVI you should be able to find him. (I am away from home for 2 weeks so I don't have his email/website addr with me.)

Enjoy.

We are sailing 10/11 and plan to do the Godfrey tour. Since you have already taken his tour, is it true he plays Christian music on his tours. There seems to be a rumor going around that he does.

We are sailing 10/11 and plan to do the Godfrey tour. Since you have already taken his tour, is it true he plays Christian music on his tours. There seems to be a rumor going around that he does.

Godfrey does NOT play christian music. He plays a light Caribbean style instrumental music.

We are a couple of 70 yo seniors, healthy and normally active (for our age), but not up to long hikes or climbing mountains, and we're not interested in water activities (Well, maybe a walk on the beach would be nice). We'll be cruising in early December, and hopefully it won't be too hot.

So could I please have some suggestions for a tour?

Or would we be better to rent a car?

Our ship docks at Crown Bay, and I understand that it's too far to walk into town from there (for us anyway). We'd just like to do some shopping and see whatever sights worth seeing in St. Thomas. None of the ships tours are what we're looking for but I've read that there are others available.

Thanks so much to anyone who can give us some advice.

Nov

I would recommend Godfrey's tour for you. He is excellent and reliable. He will drop you off in town to shop for 1, 2, or 3 hours. Then you do the island tour on his very clean open air safari bus. You will learn many historical facts about the island and see some gorgeous scenery. It is amazing how many different islands you can see from different sides of St. Thomas.

Even if you do not want to swim, you may want to take the beach break, especially at Sapphire Beach. It is lovely and a great place to walk along the water. There is a nice covered patio area where you can sit and enjoy a beverage if you do not feel like sitting on the beach. Godfrey will pick you up on time and take you back to the ship.

You cannot beat his tour for $25!

Sorry, I didn't see your post until today. Godfrey DOES NOT play Christian music. It's unfortunate that someone would post info like that to ruin this man's business. (I say that because it would turn some people off and others who would like to hear that will be upset that it isn't played.)

He does a great job and I don't think you can go wrong with him. ENjoy.

Nov.,

Thanks fr asking that question. Now all I have to do is read the thread. I have been doing a lot of research, and I am still not sure. I will be contacting the people all of you have recommended.

Cely

Archived