room service & tipping

bamondo

I have cruised before and never ordered room service but with the port intensive Med cruise around the corner, I think this might be an option for breakfast. What is the appropriate timing/amount of the tip? When the meal is delivered/at the end of the cruise?

Thanks for any help.

I have cruised before and never ordered room service but with the port intensive Med cruise around the corner, I think this might be an option for breakfast. What is the appropriate timing/amount of the tip? When the meal is delivered/at the end of the cruise?

Thanks for any help.

Most of the time room service is delivered by your room steward. If this is the case we don't tip on delivery, but take it into account in determining the extra tip to leave him at the end of the cruise. Every now and then it will be delivered by someone else - we always keep a few singles around to tip the person on delivery if this is the case.

We usually do not eat breakfast in the room - exception is when we're heading out for an early excursion. We used room service a lot on our Med cruise last year - it was great and a nice wake up call.

We didn't use room service much but when we did, I usually tipped a few dollars when they brought a couple items like a fruit platter and a cheese platter. If it was for an entire meal for our family of four, I would have tipped more.

That said, tip in whatever way makes YOU feel comfortable. Poeple have a wide range of what they feel is appropriate. :)

Ron

On our last cruise, the room service waiter on one occasion was our waiter from the Specialty Restaurant from a couple of days prior. I'm under the impression they are regular food service waiters doing yet another food-related service. They are all great and we tip accordingly.:rolleyes:

Archived