Sand toys for toddlers?

MOTHEROFONE

We are going to be on the Freedom of the Seas in a few weeks. We are going to be visiting the beaches while on the islands. Can anyone tell me if i will be able to find sand toys for my little one onboard the ship or on the islands. We are flying into miami would i find anything there. I'm trying to avoid having to pack this stuff. Thanks in advance

If you buy a small bucket, you can pack stuff inside it! Make all empty spaces count!

You may be able to find some stuff when you arrive in the port city, but is that how you really want to spend your time?

Buy something really cheap at home, and stuff it with underwear or something!

Even an old, plastic McDonalds cup will entertain a small child--it doesn't have to be elaborate toys! Being at the beach is exciting for a kid--they will dig with shells, and sticks....you won't need much to keep them busy!

On our Liberty cruise, DW had picked up a couple of Dollar Store 'bucket and shovel' kits before we left. We got the cheap ones so if they were lost, or if we needed to leave them behind, no problem. Socks packed well into the buckets and the shovels we just jammed wherever they fit. As the buckets were small (held maybe the equivalent of a large coffee mug) and thin, they added almost no weight to the suitcase.

Like others said, get them at the dollar store and they weigh nothing. Then we always leave them behind at our last beach stop with another family with children so they can use them and I dont have to pack them back home..

Have fun.. Don't forget sunscreen and hats, i even have my kids wear water shirts. That sun is brutal on the little ones skin..

have fun!!!!!!!!!

Archived