favorite Carnival cruise so far?

outdrbik

We are getting ready to go on our 2nd cruise on the Glory in 2 weeks.

I'm wondering what your favorite cruise was and what made it so great? Let me know what ship, what port you sailed out of, and what the ports of call were.

I would love to start planning the next one as soon as we get home!

We also have a 2 year old and are wondering at what age is best to start taking him along, i feel bad leaving him but love having time to ourselves.

The Carnival Legend, out of Tampa, did the same western route as still doing now. We like to snorkel, so with 4 good "snorkling ports", it was great. The Legend is a good size for us, easy to navigate, and full of "shipboard eye-candy" (although some may say gaudy):cool:

We are getting ready to go on our 2nd cruise on the Glory in 2 weeks.

I'm wondering what your favorite cruise was and what made it so great? Let me know what ship, what port you sailed out of, and what the ports of call were.

I would love to start planning the next one as soon as we get home!

We also have a 2 year old and are wondering at what age is best to start taking him along, i feel bad leaving him but love having time to ourselves.

Have been on Victory, Triumph and Miracle. I did like the Miracle the best. At that time the Miracle left from Tampa, the airport and the pier was the best we have been to. The Miracle was also special because it is smaller (Spirit Class) which made it very easy to get around the ship. We also had the best dining room waitstaff, plus great people at our table. Our ports were Costa Maya-great massage, Cozumel-bought some local art, Grand Cayman-went snorkeling along the ironshore.

This coming cruise is our third CC one , so far my favorite is been the Valor (St Thomas,St Marteen,Nassau)

2nd Fascination - Nice, not as the Valor but fun.

Imagination_ Waiting and hoping is good , is been my only cruise this year.

The last cruise we went on was my favorite...the Liberty. Loved the ports, Exotic Caribbean. We had fabulous staff on the ship. Miami is not my favorite port to leave from, but that is minor to me. My second favorite was on the Glory, Eastern Caribbean. We have been on the Glory twice and loved it both times. I love to leave from Port Canaveral, but that is probably because it is so close to home. :D To be honest, I have thoroughly enjoyed every single cruise I have been on and look forward to my next.

Triumph, Eastern Caribbean out of Miami with stops in Puerto Rico, St Thomas and St Maarten. It was my favorite cruise by a landslide!!

Oh wait...that's been my only cruise so far. :D

Really, Really, Really looking forward to the Miracle in Feb though since so many people have good things to say about the Spirit class ships in general and the Miracle in particular.

I really think I'm going to like the excursions I have picked out as well, stopping in Costa Rica, Panama and Belize.

Our favorite was the Legend, then out of FLL.

It went to St. Martin, Barbados and Martinique. I am not sure if we loved it because we didn't have our kids with us, or the great islands... but it sure was a great time!

Catrin

Legend, western out of Tampa. Cozumel was fun, just hanging out at Mr Sanchos. Belize was great with the tubing thing. We did the Rum, Rays and something else tour in Grand Cayman. Costa Maya was the cheap massages, fun trinkets to buy and cheap buckets of beer. It was just a lot of fun and we wore ourselves ragged! :)

The food was the best I'd had on any cruise. The staff were very attentive also. The ship was full but never felt crowded. Great trip!

My second would be the Triumph cruise because we went to Grand Turk and Half Moon Key :)

My favorite Carnival cruise was the first one. The ports blew my mind! It had so many different extremes. Tropically lush landscape to desert, European architecture to cabins, well-to-do properties to poor, well kept roadways to littered.

Ship - Destiny

Itinerary - San Juan, St. Thomas (we also went to Trunk Bay on a snorkling excursion booked through the ship), Martinique, Barbados, Aruba.

I have enjoyed all my Carnival cruises so far. My favorite was the 8 day Liberty.....SJ, St Thomas, Tortola, Antigua and Nassau.....

What made it special was the group I went with......The Saints and Sinners here on Cruise Critic.Met some extra special people on that cruise in that group.....

It was the 10 day Jubilee out of Miami on New Year's Day 1999. We got to watch the Orange Bowl Parade and spend New Year's Eve in Miami before setting sail the next day. Ports were St. Thomas, Grenada, Martinique, Barbados, Antigua & St. Barts. Of course you can't take that one now so I would say my next would be the 8 day Miracle....St. Maartin, St. Kitts and St. Lucia....all great ports with 4 sea day. I looooove the sea days!!

Even though its one of the older ships, I've never had a bad time on the Inspiration. I like the Victory, too, but the drawback is that its out of Miami, and I hate the port of Miami. (Don't ask me to elaborate, I'm just a little bit taken aback by the layout, crowds, parking, waiting, and distance from home. ) I love Tampa and Canaveral.

Mardi Gras 1982

Sensation 3/2001

Sensation 12/2001

Inspiration 12/2002

Inspiration 12/2003

Golden Princess 12/2004

Victory 12/2005

Sovereign 11/2006

Glory 9/27/2008

Conquest out of Galveston is my favorite so far. Loved excursions to Dr's Cave beach for Sea Trex (Mo Bay, Jamacia) and Stingray City (Grand Cayman). Nice ship, big, more difficult to figure your way around than others.

Pride out of Long Beach was a nice cruise, but the ports were altered for a hurricane. We went to Catalina, Ensanada and San Deigo, rather than further south like we were supposed to. Many passengers decided against taking the trip, so we had lots of room on-board.

I've enjoyed both trips on the Paradise out of Long Beach, but I have seen enough of Ensanada and Catalina.

Fantasy was a family reunion trip, my Mother and her two sisters and everyone on down. Two of my kids (adults with children of their own) were upset with each other, and the stress limited my enjoyment of the trip. Several airline hassles also made this more of a "must do trip" rather than a vacation.

I'm looking forward to the Valor in a month, I need a vacation after the last cruise.

I have enjoyed all my Carnival cruises so far. My favorite was the 8 day Liberty.....SJ, St Thomas, Tortola, Antigua and Nassau.....

What made it special was the group I went with......The Saints and Sinners here on Cruise Critic.Met some extra special people on that cruise in that group.....

I was also on that cruise and it was my favorite. I also had the added benefit of having 4 other couples traveling with me and DH - lots of fun. The ports are all wonderful!

Archived