cruisinmama06...Do I have this right?

helpmenew2crusing

We are on the Indy in November... Do we need to bring a blow-up pool or is there a splash zone for toddlers??? I think some said there is a place for toddlers. Do you know what it looks like? Are they able to sit in a couple of inches of water?

Thanks for your help!

Never been on this ship, but this information is from their webpage:

Please note: Due to Public health regulations, children in diapers, swim diapers, pull-ups, or who are not COMPLETELY toilet trained are not allowed in the pools, whirlpools, or H2O zone.

On the Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas children in diapers, or who are not toilet trained may use the Baby Splash Zone" specially designated for them.

Looks like you will need to bring the pool.

Here's an overall view of the h2o zone (baby splash zone is the triangle area with the flamingo closest to the camera) followed by a closeup of the area (this is the most crowded we had seen it during the week)

H2OZone5.jpg

H2OZone-BabyPool1.jpg

But it appears you were on Liberty of the Seas which does allow children in diapers/swim diapers. OP's ship, Independence of the Seas, apparently does not.

Independence of the Seas DOES have the Baby Splash Zone as well.

Yes, I am aware they have a Baby Splash Zone on this ship, but I assumed OP was questioning whether or not (& I think she has a 13 month old, according to her other posts), if a child in diapers would be allowed in the Splash Zone. According to the ship's webpage, the answer is no. If she is talking about a potty trained child, she's good to go and wouldn't need a pool.

But it appears you were on Liberty of the Seas which does allow children in diapers/swim diapers. OP's ship, Independence of the Seas, apparently does not.

Now how in the world were you able to determine that from looking at the 2 pics...? :confused:

I RE looked and still could not tell.....then again, I couldn't find the flamingo in the broader pic either....maybe I just need new glasses!:p

WOW sorry I missed the conversation.

So to answer the question - Wrona is right - Independence DOES have a Baby Splash pool that DOES allow infants in diapers.

The web site pool rules have not been updated since Indy was launched this year.

RCCL didn't update something on its website, what a shock, I know. ;)

All three Freedom Class ships, including Indy have a Baby Zone that allows diapered infants. So leave the pool at home. And the pools on Indy are heated. :D

Another thing that's not listed on their web site is Enchantment has a Baby Splash area. I had to have them confirm this for me after the customer service department denied it's existance...but we had pictures of the pool and signs.

Also, Oasis class ships will have an area for diapered babies. :)

Now how in the world were you able to determine that from looking at the 2 pics...? :confused:

I RE looked and still could not tell.....then again, I couldn't find the flamingo in the broader pic either....maybe I just need new glasses!:p

No, you just need to look at this poster's signature, where she lists her past cruises. I posted I've never been on any of these ships so I would have no idea by the pictures where it was.

Yes, it would be nice if these huge cruiselines that make lots and lots of money, could actually pay someone to update their webpages.

No, you just need to look at this poster's signature, where she lists her past cruises. I posted I've never been on any of these ships so I would have no idea by the pictures where it was.

Rugrats, you need to bow out gracefully. ;) We can all be wrong. I've been wrong enough times...lol

The RCCL website isn't updated. The ship does have a Baby Zone.

Rugrats, you need to bow out gracefully. ;) We can all be wrong. I've been wrong enough times...lol

The RCCL website isn't updated. The ship does have a Baby Zone.

I think you are misunderstanding the intent of my post. I was just telling sas(?) how I figured out on what ship the poster who put up the pictures cruised.

Yes, I was wrong about diapers, no argument there.

I think you are misunderstanding the intent of my post. I was just telling sas(?) how I figured out on what ship the poster who put up the pictures cruised.

Yes, I was wrong about diapers, no argument there.

Ahhhhh, yeah the signature said Liberty. ;)

Yeah they all look the same. One flamingo looks like another...lol.

Sorry about the Independence/Liberty thing, I should have stated that the photos were the Liberty and that the Indy's layout would be the similar.

How they keep the water clean? The pool is fresh water. As RCCL would have had to recieve a special waiver from the CDC to allow the baby zone, I would guess the water would not be recycled as I doubt the CDC would have granted the waiver if the water was recirculated (this may also be why the zone is small, to reduce water consumption)

As you can see from the pics, the area is VERY small and the water is about 6" deep. That's how they get around the CDC. I have never been able to get an answer if they have a filtration system attached to that area.They would have to because the water from the flamingo pours into the area. Then it gets sucked back up again and flows out again. So the water would be constantly circulated.

So maybe it does go through some filtration system?

You are on Indy before me so I expect a full report. You get to ask if they filter the water. Then come back here and give us a full report. :D

I will give a full report, Captian Cruisinmama06. ;) We leave on Nov. 28 for an 8 night cruise on the Indy.

We have 6 rooms...15 people... four of them being children... ages... 13 months... 2 years... 4 years... and 7 years-old.

Awesome! And I forgot to mention the pools are HEATED! :D :D :D

Have fun! Don't forget to pack long pants and socks for the Ice Rink.

How they keep the water clean? The pool is fresh water. As RCCL would have had to recieve a special waiver from the CDC to allow the baby zone, I would guess the water would not be recycled as I doubt the CDC would have granted the waiver if the water was recirculated (this may also be why the zone is small, to reduce water consumption)

I doubt they're filtering anything. My guess is that all the main pool water flows to the baby zone. From there the water probably flows into a holding tank (when in port) or is dumped directly into the sea (when in international waters). Remember, when she's out of U.S. territorial waters, they can dump whatever they want into the ocean. :rolleyes:

Archived