Odyssey Maiden TA Oct. 31st Crossers

Martita B.

Sailor's

I will be in Malaga on Oct. 25th and thought I would check out La Posada de Antonio restaurant for our Odyssey pre-crossing get together.

I understand the restaurant is centrally located in Old Town ~~ Calle Granada 33. I read the restaurant has excellent tapas and I'm hoping it will have a nice patio for cocktails.

Is this agreeable with everyone? Any other better suited places for us to "meet & greet?" Any place/area is fine with me.

Who knows.....maybe the owner, Antonio Banderas will serve us!:D

Martita B.

• 4 months later...
Had this news from my Travel Agent last week.

Virtuoso will be offering a "Tour of Madeira" or shipboard credit to their Guests on the Oct. 31st, Odyssey TA Crossing.

Martita B.

Pardon me but what is a "Virtuoso Tour"? Also, I have read where Seabourn may be discontinuing complimentary shore excursions - is that the case with Odyssey 31OCT?

Many thanks!

Virtuoso is a luxury travel network comprised of over 7000

travel consultants and agencies. If you use a Travel Agent check and ask if he/she is a Virtuoso member. If so, you will receive either the "Madeira Island Tour" or the $150 shipboard credit.

I don't think Seabourn is offering a comp excursion on the Odyssey Oct. TA Crossing.

Martita B.

This just in from Virtuoso via my TA:

One of the Following Options Must be Selected 90-days Prior to Sailing*:

Option 1: Special Virtuoso Voyager Club Shore Event (see below) or

Option 2: $150 per person credit toward the purchase of a custom On Site shore excursion, Virtuoso Discoveries Pre or Post Cruise Hotel Package or other Virtuoso Preferred Product or

Option 3: $150 per person shipboard credit

*Within 90-days Only Choice is Option 1

Funchal (Madeira) Nov, 1 2009 | Full-day Visit of Madeira with Lunch (Reids)

The island of Madeira is one-third of Portugal's Madeira archipelago. The triumvirate of islands Madeira, Porto Santo, and Desertas sits in the Atlantic Ocean, almost equidistant from Lisbon and the West African Coast. Spring is eternal on Madeira. The isle's mild climate leaves it bathed in vegetation year round. The town of Funchal is its bustling capital.

Voyager Club members begin their exploration of the "Pearl of the Atlantic" from the intimate port capital. The harbor and bay unfold before you as you travel north through Funchal to the village of Monte. The Virgin Mary is the patron saint of the island, and the ornate 15th-century Church of Our Lady of Monte offers testimony to her importance (the church houses an image whose visage of the Madonna is credited with a number of miracles). Karl, the last emperor of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, who died in exile on the island, is buried in the church; his tomb is quite impressive.

Madeira is famous for some unique exports. Of course, there's its fortified wine "Madeira" its delicate lace, and its wicker furniture. Those who are not faint of heart will thrill at our next stop: a ride in a traditional wicker toboggan down to Livramento. This unique, but traditional mode of transportation is operated with ropes controlled by two men. The less adventurous need not participate.

En route to our elegant luncheon we'll travel along a road whose fragrance is magnificent and refreshing: pine, acacia, and eucalyptus trees line our path, and we'll stop in Camacha, the island's wicker production center. Here you will have some time to shop (and wet your appetite for what lies ahead).

The menu promises to be as heralded as the view at Reid's Palace Hotel. This famous haunt, set amidst ten acres of lush, semi-tropical gardens on a cliff overlooking Funchal harbor, is simply idyllic and is considered one of the finest hotels in the world. Your lunch repast would not be complete unless accompanied by the island's renowned wine - the bouquet of rich Madeira will fill all your senses. After lunch we'll return to the ship.

Approximate Length: Six hours.

Suggested Attire: Casual wear with a light sweater or jacket and comfortable shoes (no shorts, please). Light to moderate walking on streets and hillsides.

PLEASE NOTE: All Voyager Club events ashore are capacity controlled and require a minimum number of participants to operate. Events are subject to change without notice. Voyager Club events are individually tailored for each date and arrival. Your event could be different than what‚s noted here; but it will be designed to be memorable and to bring you a traveler‚s view that you will treasure, and would otherwise miss entirely. Final details will be outlined in program letters provided by your Voyager Club host aboard ship.

Exclusives: Onboard Hosts (TBA) & Welcome Reception

Peachy

Thank you for the additional Virtuoso shore "Madeira Tour" info.

If anyone needs a driver in Funchal please let me know. I will e-mail my driver, Jose Manuel and he'll arrange a car/driver to meet you at the Funchal pier.

There's a wonderful restaurant at the marina ~~Restaurante Marina Terrace ~~I'm sure it will be open on Sunday when the Odyssey calls on Madeira. Great seafood!

Happy Travels:p

Martita B.

Tony & Trevor

That's a good question ~~you might call your Travel Agent and inquire. I'm guessing Virtuoso Agents are worldwide.

Hope you are enjoying the New Year!

Martita B.

Virtuoso is in North, Central, Southern America and Australia. Not in Europe or anywhere else.

Archived