Sorry we won't be welcoming Seven Seas Voyager to Bristol

morticia52

Having read in the local paper this evening that the proposed call at Bristol has been scrapped in favour of Dartmouth I'm sorry we won't be seeing the ship arrive in Portbury. We were looking forward to seeing her sail down the Bristol Channel on Sunday evening.

However, I can fully understand the reasons behind it - and I don't believe the reasons sited in the paper are the true ones. The Highways agency have virtually gridlocked the docks and surrounding area with major roadworks on the roads and motorway surrounding the docks. Given that the dock is 'lock in' and 'lock out' on the tide it would only take one shore excursion to be held up and late back for the ship to miss the tide and not be able to sail until the following morning.

So, I'm sorry we won't be able to welcome you all to Bristol but I think Regent have made the right decision. To those of you on board, enjoy your cruise.

Ted C - No museum as yet I'm afraid (although there should be), but there is a very nice life size statue in the City centre.

Travelcat, Thank you. For your information there has been some talk of the Port's owners looking at the possiblities of building a deep water terminal at Royal Portbury Dock, if that were to happen then cruise ships (or any ships for that matter) wouldn't be at the mercy of the tides. So who knows maybe if this comes about then Bristol could become a port of call in the future.

Archived