Eyelash Extensions ??

KLLund

Do you mean the individual ones that are put on one by one by a professional?

If so, give me a couple of weeks, I'll be getting them and will let you know. :)

I do indeed mean that .. and I do hope you will let us know .. I am really interested in this one.

I watched my nail technician ( which is the owner) do a client so in case I get it. I'm glad she had a steady hand lol but they looked great she couldn't touch her lashes for next hr she didn't have to make hers shorter,but she told me if I did have them id have to go shorter since I wear driving glasses but up close the client looked fantastic .I asked could you wear mascara with it she said either way ( so maybe soon ill go back I wanted to see it done first ):D I hope some one post's to you that had the actual experience

At my salon the eyelash extensions cost $150 plus.

They are human hair.

Have you heard of eyelash perming? $50.00

Tomorrow morning, I go to have my eyelashes dyed (I am blonde and have nice lashes but you can't see them!)

Eye lash tints are $20 and last 2 to 4 weeks the first time and if you continue, they last up to 6 weeks.

Kathy, one of the girls going with us does them. You could ask her, but I'am thinking it would be too late if your already on the cruise. She does come up to Portland very oftern though. Or maybe she could recommend someone up there for you.

I'll be getting them before my cruise in October and I'm really excited. I've watched the technician in my local salon apply them, and asked a lot of questions. They look great, and apparently can last months. The cost is over $100.00, but I think it's well worth it for this special occasion. They look very natural, and no mascara is required once they're applied. I'll leave a review once I've got them on.

I love mine, First got them for dd's wedding(she got them too) I gave them up for the summer because I swim every day, (they don't do well with goggles) but I'll be starting them up again in a few weeks when it cools off enough to switch to running. First of all they say they last 6 weeks; they don't. It's more like 3 weeks if you don't touch them up. The salon where I had them done is on my way home from work, they charge $160 for the inital application and then $10 each week to maintain and fill for as long as you like. You can get them there for $125 also, but no $10 fills. The first couple days after your inital application there is quite a bit of 'shedding' which is weird, but I have to say they are addicting! I can get out of the shower, throw on a little lipgloss and sunscreen & I'm good to go!

THis is encouraging .. I heard about them from my colorist yesterday and she did tell me who does a good job and where .. so I am truly thinking about it .. but maybe I should go have them now .. so that I am used to them and know the maintenance schedule before the cruise... Hmmmmmmmm

her's a pic of my dd with them (she's the one without the beard;)) She has eyeshadow on in this pic, but no mascara, they really look natural, if you enlarge the pic you can see them better.

Deda & Alex

Hard to see the eyelashes but she sure is pretty young lady . . . .

Don't know if I'll do it again. Last month, I went home to syracuse for a visit and had NuvaLash lashes put on for $80. Quite an exceptional price. They looked great from a few feet away, but when I got to a mirror and looked REAL close, they looked clumped, as if 2 or 3 of my lashes were used to glue one. They lasted about 2 weeks before most of them were gone. Now, I realize that this was pretty new to the technician(she said as much). She said that they came in kit that she paid $500 for and took a class to learn how. The glue is dyed surgical glue. Down here in NoVa (yes,Ladycaveat and I live pretty much in the same town) they start at $150 at a salon in Countryside. I wonder if the difference is not only location, but also technique and experience. I am not sure if I want to put out that much to see if they last longer and look better. I have tried a few ideas, like Blinc mascara and lash conditioner. Jan Marini Lash Conditioner worked the best out of the 3. Just my experience.

Ok,

I can speak on this topic as I have blonde eyelashes that are very long but also very straight. I am a slave to an eyelash curler which I heat up for a few seconds with my hairdryer as it keeps my lashes curled once I use mascara.

Naturally I had an interest in eyelash extensions and tinting so I have done both. Tinting is not permanent and if you wear makeup and then use a wash or remover it tends to also fade the tint quicker too. The tinting only lasts a week or two for me. Bummer. So still I wanted to wear mascara but it is nice if you don't have a chance to do your makeup to have some color to your lashes.

Also, I wanted the lashes to appear fuller so I tried the extensions. These were done by a professional in a salon and was a sale price for about 160 for a full upper set of individual lashes. The process took about 90 minutes and for me it was uncomfortable most of the time as I am very sensitive. Mostly it was the fumes that were irritating my eyes and making them water and burn. The outcome was very nice and not unnatural looking and it was nice to be able to go out of the house without makeup and have eyelashes. For me, they did tend to look a bit floppy though as they are applied on top of your own lashes. There were some bad thing as far as maintenance goes. For instance, you don't want to sleep on them or rub your eyes at all. As they grow out, mine sometimes flipped the wrong direction and then I wanted to pull them off as I was not in an area to have them filled.

All in all, it was fun for a bit and then a bit of a nuisance. They lasted tops about 3 weeks. Also since I had to remove some myself they pull out your original lashes so for a while after they are removed your lashes could be more sparse.

I have wondered about the cheapo sets that I see people doing in malls for about $40 but I guess you cannot get them wet at all. Anybody have experience in having those applied? I'm afraid to do it just before taking a trip so I might try it when I have no where to go. I'm also wondering about the safety of this type as they are applied under your own lashes. Thoughts on this anyone?

Every time we cruise I go get extensions put on. We do alot of snorkeling and I don't like to deal with make-up. (I also have permanent eye liner) It cost me $80.00, was $100.00, but because I'am a repeat client she reduced the price. Mine are human hair and last 4-5 wks. until I get a fill, but most the time I just them them go, until the next cruise, wedding or special occasion. You just can't rub your eyes or use a regular eyelash curler. I use the heated kind. I do love them for the simple reason, no mascara needed and I can be in and out of the water with no raccoon eyes.

I love them wear them all the time

I live in Fla and makeup in the summer just dos'nt work

with swimming in the slat water, pools, and sweating.

I just got back from a cruise where we were in the water all the time

I never have problems with loseing them becuse of water.

I have learned to do my own so that helps a ton

Leigh

Archived