Weather crossing Atlantic in April

Cruising P&J

We crossed last year in April. It was smooth as glass. Had to look outside to be sure the ship was moving.

(Past experience is no guarantee of future results.)

Below are a couple of pictures of the Atlantic on different days.

677600115_0025_02.07AtlanticOcean100_3879.jpg.25315135dc307586d49854a01e08f961.jpg

1704279233_0035_03.07AtlanticOcean100_3916.jpg.f455c308e426733e1ae2a2e46e467c16.jpg

We are going on our first transatlantic cruise next April. Have any of you crossed the Alantic in April before and what type of weather should we expect. I know weather can change at a moment's notice but I would like to just have an idea of what to expect. Thanks :D

We crossed last year in April. It was smooth as glass. Had to look outside to be sure the ship was moving.

Our experience was similar to caribill - perfect weather, dead calm seas. Some days it was overcast in the morning but cleared in the early afternoon, no rain anywhere. I made the comment that the crossing was so wonderful and restful that they could have turned the ship around in Madeira and heading back across and it wouldn't bother me a bit. Of course, that's before we hit the incredibly, interesting and off the beaten track ports!!

Here's a couple our our sea day photos:

2457911824_6cb7c52574.jpg?v=0

2458070406_3b79031927.jpg?v=0

We crossed The Atlantic from Reciefe in Brazil to Banjul Gambia last April and enjoyed nice smooth seas all the way. :) Cloudy mornings and Sunny afternoons - crossing the equator region we were warned on numerous occasions about the burning even under the cloud.

However things can change in a mtter of days as we found out when sailing from Casablanca to Lisbon via Cadiz - and then we experienced wild seas with a heavy swell. :(

We crossed 3-22/4-03-08, Miami to Barcelona, on Oceania's Regatta, and had mostly smooth water across.

One day with moderate swells, but certainly not uncomfortable.

In 3-98, we crossed from Buenos Aires to Barcelona on the late great Royal Princess, and it was very smooth, almost dead calm.

No guarantees on the water!

I think it depends on your route. If you're taking a T/A from South America, for instance, it'll be warm. If you're taking a T/A from, for instance, Southampton to New York, it could be cold and rainy. The temperature of the north Atlantic at that time of the year is still in the 40s.

Archived