The Cruisie Awards - a fun podcast (we hope)

Schplinky

What do you get when you mix a couple of cruise nuts, differing opinions and perhaps a few too many cocktails?

The Cruisie Awards!!!

Mike and I have done a podcast of our favorites from our first thirteen cruises. It's all in good fun and we hope you enjoy the podcast:

http://web.mac.com/thecruiseguys

Once again, great podcast. I tried to leave a comment today, but was unable to do so. I've visited your website in the past and continue to enjoy all your new additions. The awards brought back a lot of memories for me and I picked up some great tips for future cruises. Interestingly enough, several of both of your awards and runners up were given to some of my own favorites. Graham Seymour was our CD for our 1st TA and we've heard that he will also be on our TA this November. He certainly knows how to entertain on those long cruises. We've also done the cooking tour in Cozumel and very much enjoyed the experience. We will be in Cozumel in Jan 09 and will check out your suggestion for a beach day.

We are also looking forward to our trips on Solstice for the 2 day pre-inaugural and the Equinox TA Nov 09, which I believe you are also booked for. So for now, keep up the good work, and look forward to seeing you next year.

Sorry about the sync issue. I can't help you on that one. It seems that a podcast either works perfectly or it gives us lots of toruble. This one is loaded with pictures to accompany the narration so I do hope it sorts itself out.

Lee I am having trouble synching with the audio and video, and I'm a mac user.:( Will try again soon.

There is no video in the podcast, it is just photos.

What do you mean by "synching" problems?

There are problems with the Comments section that seem to exist on Apple's end.

Mike

Some people have reported having problems posting Comments on our podcast page. It appears there is an issue with the Apple web hosting service.

If you try this address to get to our web site, you will be able to post comments for the podcasts:

http://web.me.com/thecruiseguys

(Apple recently transitioned their service from a .mac name to a .me name, it was *supposed* to be seamless....).

Thanks to everyone for letting us know about the problem. We really appreciate it!

Mike & Lee

I just listened to your podcast, and thought it was very interesting. As your category for best entertainer came up, I was thinking to myself that Charo would be mine. Wow, you agreed!! I cruise a lot also, but only saw her once, on the Carnival Spirit. I was leary about going to that show, but decided at the last minute to take a chance. What a wonderful performance - I was blown away! I would love to see her again sometime. Do you know if there is a listing of upcoming performers, and on which ship they will be appearing?

I wish there were such a list but it doesn't seem to exist.

Sometimes, if you email RCL, they will tell you. We were excited to see her and wondered what she does. We LOVED it.

I just listened to your podcast, and thought it was very interesting. As your category for best entertainer came up, I was thinking to myself that Charo would be mine. Wow, you agreed!! I cruise a lot also, but only saw her once, on the Carnival Spirit. I was leary about going to that show, but decided at the last minute to take a chance. What a wonderful performance - I was blown away! I would love to see her again sometime. Do you know if there is a listing of upcoming performers, and on which ship they will be appearing?

Archived