Permanent Passenger - Anyone read this book??

want2cruiseagain

madaamt, I'm sorry but Amber contacted me first, but maybe she could pass it on to you when she finishes it? :)

rgbs, I didn't know who had received a book and who hadn't, as nobody was posting that information on here.....so that's why I worded my post the way I did. Had I gotten your email first, I would have sent it to you. I'm sorry. :( Hopefully rjburd is able to help you out.

• 3 weeks later...

I am reading Cruise Confidential right now. About half way done. Gumballz posted about it a dozen posts back. I have to agree this book gives you a new respect for the crew, and I work on a sportfishing boat, so I already respect how hard it is to make everything look like it is running smooth. I leave on my cruise next month and will be sure to thank everyone for their service, and be patient with the sleep deprived wait staff. And upping the tips, that is a given!

I found this book in a Barnes and Noble, but I ordered it on Amazon (I refuse to pay retail for books). It is 362 pages of inside information. Brian David Bruns, the author, spent a year working on the Carnival Conquest. He cronicals his life on board in this story.

I will post more about it when I finish the book. Sorry cannot pass it along to someone on here, I have promised it to my friends that I am cruising with. But like I said Amazon. I paid $10.17 for it. Thoroughly enjoying the book so far.

I read Permanent Passenger and quite enjoyed it as it was interesting to hear a bit of behind the scenes. I purchased an online version (i have a pdf of it) for about $10 usd. I am will to share as well. Please email me at ginny75@shaw.ca and if someone can share either of those others mentioned that would be fabulous! Thanks and happy crusing!

I would love to read all of these books that have been mentioned.

Ginny75 has anyone contacted you yet by e-mail? I know I'm late to the party here, so I don't want to but in line.

My email is carmiller96@charter.net Please add me to the list, I promise to keep these books sailing along to all my fellow CC'rs.

Carmel

I am not the best at writing book reviews, but I will give it a brief stab in the dark. Finished Cruise Confidential last night. I can honestly say that I didn't want it to end. I am not much for reading non-fiction, so any that hold my attention like this I give 2 thumbs up.

The author is so vivid in his story telling that I felt as though I was working right beside him. Also the teasers for the next chapter kept the pages turning. I don't want to be a spoiler, so go out and buy the book.

I emailed the author this morning and gave my praise and asked when the next book would be out. He was nice enough to get back to me right away and wrote if he gets enough support with this first book the next one is in the works.

I finished Permanent Passenger and it's on its way to rgbs now. Great read, and thanks for sharing it!

I'd like to add my name to the list for Cruise Confidential, whenever it gets around.

You can find Cruise Confidential at Amazon.com for $10.17. I have given it to my mother and then it is promised to a few other friends after her. Sorry.

You can find Cruise Confidential at Amazon.com for $10.17. I have given it to my mother and then it is promised to a few other friends after her. Sorry.

Whoops, I'm sorry about that, mighty presumptuous of me. I got the two titles confused.

Meant to say, The Captain's Log, not Cruise Confidential.

So if anyone's ready to pass on The Captain's Log, please add me to the list.

I read Permanent Passenger too...and I will agree with everyone else. It was okay...its short, it has a few interesting behind the scenes sort of things...but it is a bit out of date...i.e., old stuff...not real current.

Guess I need to checkout the Cruise Confidential book next!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived