Anything Good About Sun Princess?

Ronath

[quote name='westerdam42']Will anyone be on the Sun before March? I would be interested in knowing what your thoughts are.[/QUOTE]

We are on the Dec. 12 sailing. I will let you know how it is. This is our first Princess cruise so I have no other Princess ship to compare it to.

Our seven year old grandson had the Norwalk Virus last week. He had to spend a day in the hospital with an IV because he was so dehydrated. What a NASTY illness!!! They have no idea where he picked it up. No one else in the family or visitors to the hospital have come down with it. My daughter was told that he could still be contagious up to 10 days later. It's amazing that in a confined space like a cruise ship that they don't have major outbreaks every week. To blame the cruiseline is unbelievable. Would you blame them for getting a cold? It's the fault of other passengers boarding ill because they don't want to miss the cruise.

We just returned from the Nov. 2-12 sailing of the Sun. Since I originally started this thread I should give some of our thoughts on the cruise. Will do that soon. Otherwise, any questions, please ask and we'll try & answer. Also sorting through tons of pictures.

Depends on your choice of cabin... Ours was the smallest of any cruise we have ever been on. (135 sq ft), no chair, average food, weak entertainment. We had a good cabin steward, same waiter twice, but service experience different in the B2B. Main beef was with the beef... (NOTE my taste buds are different)... every beef dish tasted like Beef Wellington without the Pate... if you like liver you won't notice the freezer "burn"
Pizza parlor great. Very limited library if you like to read (important if you read quickly and cruise 20 days at a time. Ship very clean but congested due to traffic patterns...

Here in Colo a couple of High Schools had an out break of Norwalk Virus, so its not just a Cruise Ship Illness!!

I think you all are forgetting, that its not the Cruise Line's Fault for this Virus. It can happen anyday anytime for anyone, it just depends on how many times you wash your hands, and again thats not the Cruise Line Fault if you didn't wash your hands often enough..
My husband and I carry alittle bottle of Purell hand sanitizer wash in our pockets and everytime we touch something, out comes the Purell..
It just takes one person to bring the virus on the ship for any cruise line, and they "POW" the Norwalk Virus has started!!

So remember to Wash Your Hands Every Second of the Day!! ;)

cruiserforlife, we were in B610 on Baja Deck. Had a great cabin stewardess named Alina. Overall we enjoyed the cruise. The itinerary was the main reason we chose it. The ports were good. They are working on the main street in St. Marten. We had rain a few days but otherwise the ports were fine. The ship's entertainment was pretty good. The cruise director and his staff were excellent. The dancers put on three shows; we only saw two of them. A ventriloquist and a magician weren't bad either. We had traditional first seating dining. We usually have late seating but decided to go with early seating this cruise. Big problem was having to get ready for dinner early, especially with all the port days. Our dining room waiter was not the greatest. He paid alot more attention to his larger tables (we were 3 at a table for 4). We hardly saw our assistant waiter, and have yet to find out her name. She would drop off the ice tea and fill the water glasses and if you were lucky enough to flag her down later for refills she acted like she was being put out. One night she wasn't there and our waiter said she was working as a waiter at a different location. But we didn't let that bother us. The one thing that did bother us was the lack of tables and chairs outside on Lido Deck and Deck 12. There were plenty of lounge chairs but just not enough tables and chairs. Alot of the tables were being used by groups playing cards for hours at a time. Alot of the lounge chairs were being held by the lounge chair hogs by placing towels, books, etc. on them early in the morning and walking off. The Sun is in pretty good shape for a ship it's age. Some people seem to indicate the ship is falling apart but we didn't notice any of it. The food was not great but we've had worse. We did manage to have no problem eating.

Ronath,

Thanks for taking the time to comment.Sounds like you had a nice time.It also sounds as if Princess has slipped a bit.Service IMHO has never been a Princess strong point but it sounds as if it has gotten worse.

I got a response from Brandi R. Stanton who is the supervisor of passenger relations at Princess.As many of you may know,I wrote a letter and sent a copy of this thread highlighting the many concerns that were posted regarding the Sun.

What I got back was a slghtly personalized form letter regarding the Norwalk Virus and the Nororvirus in general.Not one word regarding any of the other concerns such as the food quality,ship repair,sewage smells,etc.that have been brought up.

I wrote a second letter to the attention of the president of Princess with another copy of a thread that mentioned these same concerns and I am awaiting a response from him.

I figure it cannot hurt.

Archived