Norwegian Star 22 June 2008 Alaska

mypleasure

I finally finished my review, uploaded it a few hours ago and it is now live in the review section if anyone is interested.

Many thanks to everyone on these boards for all of the tips and advice I picked up prior to cruising. You helped make it a very good trip for us, so good we are doing it all again next year on the Pearl.

Jean (Mogsta)

Excellent review. I was on the NCL Sun to Alaska in August and the weather was horrid! We had a great time and Alaska is quite beautiful.

As for the smoking lounge... does the Star have a cigar bar? That's where some of us would meet for after dinner drinks and a smoke. :)

Great review, thanks. We're sailing the Star to Mexico in a few weeks. What is the coffee beaker for $10?

thanks,

Debbie and Tony

At the java cafe in the atrium they had some thermal beakers designed to keep your drink hot for up to 45 minutes. The cost was about $10 BUT you got unlimited free refills of coffee and hot chocolate into it for the duration of the trip!

Bargain!

Jean

Hello My Pleasure!

I was on the cruise with you, I stayed in the Garden Villa that week. I have to say that rainbow was just beautiful with the scenery! We took a bunch of pictures of it also! Glad you had a great time on the cruise. We didn't really leave our room, it was like we had our own ship!

This weeks cruisecritic.co.uk newsletter has arrived and I am very proud to say that my review is highlighted right there in the newsletter as Review of the Week!

I doubt it is in the .com version though.

Jean

I told you it was a great review. Very well put together. Congrats.. hope to cruise on the same cruise as you some day. Get the feeling you guys are our kind of people.. 8-)

We were on the same cruise and had a great time. We rented a minivan in Skagway and probably saw the same bear going through Yukon territory! I have not done my review yet and probably won't get to it. If you plan on doing another NCL, consider getting a NCL credit card. The points really add up quickly.

We were on the same cruise and had a great time. We rented a minivan in Skagway and probably saw the same bear going through Yukon territory! I have not done my review yet and probably won't get to it. If you plan on doing another NCL, consider getting a NCL credit card. The points really add up quickly.

i wish I could get the credit card but they are not available in the UK unless anyone knows better than I do, in which case please tell me how to get it.

I currently use an American Express/Mastercard combo which gives me airmiles which should cover our future flights. I use it for all of my business expenses!

Terry, I think I would love to cruise with you and Doug. I reckon we would have a real laugh. Maybe sometime in the future we will be able to say "hey I'm on that cruise too".

Hey Bailey I never did catch up with you but it was a great week wasn't it and I am glad you too saw the rainbow, quite a few I talked to on the ship missed it and for me it was an amazing experience, the best my husband and I had ever seen.

Jean

Archived