weather again

mom2agr8boy

I am starting to try and keep and eye on the weather for my upcoming trip. I have heard that the forecast are not very true. I have noticed that the temps on accuweather are about 10 degrees warmer than weather.com. Which one is the most accurate. I know it will be cold and rainly, but 57 and rainy is much better than 47 and rainy.

We cruised from 7/26-8/2, 1 sunny day, never went above 65. We were told it was the coldest, rainiest summer in memory. Had a 42 in Fairbanks on 8/8! We saw termination dust on 8/2, a sure sign we were told that winter is 2 weeks away. Go to weather.com, put in your port or destination and get current weather. Didn't matter what it was like, it did not deter us or keep us from doing everything we planned. Terrific cruise and 11 days in AK. Already planning next time!!

Just got back from the inside passage -- Aug.29-Sept 5. Anchorage,

Hubband Glacier, Juneau, Icy Strait Point, Skagway, Ketchikan.

We had some light rain in Anchorage, and afternoon in Ketchikan. For most of our trip it was partly cloudy and for Hubband Glacier and ISP,

it was beautiful. Temps in the sixties and maybe fifty at one time or another.

Don't give up on the weather. Just layer.

Carol

of coursie it won't be the same as in '06, but from sept 17 to 24..we had:

heavy rain with SLEET (ice was bouncinig off the rain slicker during whale watching). it started out just overcast and a little cool, but the temps dropped as a storm blew through juneau. day temps: mid 40s all day

skagaway: no rain...morning fog, if you do the train..do not let people close the vent window. the pot belly stove keeps the train car warm, but we had people that kept closing the vent window...fogging up the big windows. day temps: warming to low 50s

glacier bay: high 50s all day, sunny and very nice

ketchikan: very heavy rain...day temps: high 40 to low 50

our sea days were great, warmer temps and sunny. weather was bad in the ports only. but we knew it and were prepared..the weather didn't hurt our cruise at all.

Archived