Carnival Fly Aweigh to Hawaii

cjmayes51

Just booked the Carnival Spirit to Hawaii in 2010. Because of the flight to Hawaii and flying back to Greensboro NC from Vancover I thought we would use the Carnival fly aweigh program. Wondering that this will be a long day the wife wants to fly in a day early. Has anyone done this before? I'm wondering if Carnival uses a charter once we get to the west coast to Hawaii and what the extra costa would be over and above the $50.00 per person estimate. Anybody tried this before?

Just booked the Carnival Spirit to Hawaii in 2010. Because of the flight to Hawaii and flying back to Greensboro NC from Vancover I thought we would use the Carnival fly aweigh program. Wondering that this will be a long day the wife wants to fly in a day early. Has anyone done this before? I'm wondering if Carnival uses a charter once we get to the west coast to Hawaii and what the extra costa would be over and above the $50.00 per person estimate. Anybody tried this before?

Not specifically with Hawaii, but be aware the Carnival typically charges a "deviation fee" for flights before or after the dates of sailing/disembarking. This fee can be as low as $20-30 per person but I've been quoted deviation fees as high as $200 per person! We have used Fly Aweigh before to other destinations and paid a low deviation fee, so it was worth it. Once, we canceled the Fly Aweigh option because they wanted to add an additional $800 fee for our group of four. To make matters worse, the deviation fees weren't available until 90 days before our cruise, so we had to scramble to make other arrangements. Just FYI: check around and consider booking on your own if you can find a significantly good price.

Hello from the West Coast to Hawaii your looking at anothe 6 hour flight almost. Its like traveling across the States. I haven't done a fly away, but my husband & I did switch our Gateway City of departure from LAX to our Home town as we had flights east, it included a return home, direct from Seattle , as we were doing the E to W Panama 17 days, disimbarking in Seattle. that change amounted to a hotel stay in LAX if we kept original flight, but we had convenience of flying directly home.

We are cruising Hawaii April 09 with Carnival. We chose the fly aweigh program. We also are flying in a day early and are being charged an extra $100 per person. They put us on Delta from Det to Atlanta, then Atlanta to Honolulu with only an hour layover in between.

Even with the deviation fee it was cheaper than we could find on our own but we won't stop looking until time for final payment. We have not used them before and our flight isn't until April so a lot could change. Hope this helps you.

We are cruising Hawaii April 09 with Carnival. We chose the fly aweigh program. We also are flying in a day early and are being charged an extra $100 per person. They put us on Delta from Det to Atlanta, then Atlanta to Honolulu with only an hour layover in between.

Even with the deviation fee it was cheaper than we could find on our own but we won't stop looking until time for final payment. We have not used them before and our flight isn't until April so a lot could change. Hope this helps you.

I'm surprised you found out the extra cost and airline this far ahead. We are just looking for a day to chill out before heading to 7 straight and possibly hectic days of seeing Hawaii for the first time. We do plan on using this cruise for a preview of where we would want to return for a 10 day land vacation in the future. Talking to friends here in Greensboro it's about a 13-14 hour day getting from here to Hawaii. I think the extra day will be worth it. Did you request Delta?

Charlie

I'm surprised you found out the extra cost and airline this far ahead. We are just looking for a day to chill out before heading to 7 straight and possibly hectic days of seeing Hawaii for the first time. We do plan on using this cruise for a preview of where we would want to return for a 10 day land vacation in the future. Talking to friends here in Greensboro it's about a 13-14 hour day getting from here to Hawaii. I think the extra day will be worth it. Did you request Delta?

Charlie

The extra day is definitely a good choice. We flew from Columbia, SC and it was 12.5 hours, but we intentionally booked the shortest flight possible because of traveling with young children. Others in our party were delayed for 7 EXTRA hours in Houston (beyond their scheduled 3-hour layover) because of a mechanical problem with their plane and didn't arrive in Honolulu until midnight, so if we had been sailing the same day, they wouldn't have made it. Thank goodness they made it then, as they weren't sure for quite some time if they would even make it out that day or even the next! As East Coasters, any extra time to adjust to the six-hour time difference is good, too. Good luck finding something to fit your needs!

Archived