11 pm

margincall

We will be on a cruise that leaves San Juan at 11 pm in January. Having only been on cruises that left at 4 or 5 Pm I was curious about dinner on the first night. Is it just in the other alternative venues and the first sit down the second night?(which Ive been told is the first formal night) or do they have the sit down at your regular time even though still in port

thanks

We will be on a cruise that leaves San Juan at 11 pm in January. Is it just in the other alternative venues and the first sit down the second night? or do they have the sit down at your regular time even though still in portthanks

Depending on when you board, you will be given an " early" or "late" dining card. You will be at your assigned table the second night. Don't forget to try the waffles the first morning. ;)

Not meaning to go too OT, but what time is the earliest one can board in San Juan when the departure time is 10:30 or 11pm? Is it like "normal", noonish, or is it later because of the late departure?

And yes, I CAN wait to get my cruise documents, but I know someone out there knows the answer. ;)

We were on a cruise with a sail away time of 10pm. We got to the pier around 12:30pm, and were on the ship by 1pm. There was definitely more of a line to get on that ship than there was for any other one we've been on. Things really got going on the ship (ie - fuller decks, people at the bars, etc), I'd say, around 4pm.

Not meaning to go too OT, but what time is the earliest one can board in San Juan when the departure time is 10:30 or 11pm? Is it like "normal", noonish, or is it later because of the late departure?

And yes, I CAN wait to get my cruise documents, but I know someone out there knows the answer. ;)

Hi,:) I was on board about 1:00pm back in March and we sailed

at 10:00pm.

Hope you have a great cruise:)

We are sailing on the Infinity in a couple of weeks leaving from Vancouver. They are deadheading the ship from Seattle and won't arrive at the pier until 7PM. They said we can start boarding at 8PM. The ship leaves at midnight. So perhaps 6PM for you, but it probably will depend on what time the ship docks from it's previous cruise. Usually they like about 4 hours to clean up. Since our ships previous cruise ends in Seattle, they can spend time cleaning up while sailing from Seattle to Vancouver. What's the arrival time in San Juan for the previous cruise to yours. That will give you an idea. Celebrity will let you know the boarding time when you get your docs.

Hi Margincall,

As been said, you'll be able to board around noon and if you get your bags quickly, you may wish to get a cab and go into old San Juan for awhile. Which Jan depature are you on? There are a lot of threads on Roll Calls for Jan. One other note, as Waffleologist Texed suggested, do try the waffle the first morning and you will be back the remaining mornings for more:D . If we're on the same cruise, I'll save you a few.;) .

Barry

We are on the Summit on Jan 10 and I cannot wait--Maybe It would be better if i booked and the last minute and then i wouldnt be looking forward so far in advance:)

LOL..the anticipation is fun though:D

I will see you in the Caribbean, although not sure which

port. I am sailing Galaxy on Jan 9th!:)

Archived