Meeting Driver At Lhr

dusababy

I will be arriving LHR Terminal 5 on BA from LAX on Wednesday coming week.

TA arranged car and driver to meet us for transfer to pier at Tower Bridge. Confirmation of booking says DRIVER MEETING POINT IS NEXT TO THE INFORMATION DESK IN THE ARRIVALS HALL.

The reservation was made last March and so many changes have occurred at T5 I wonder if someone with information or experience can give current advice as to how to connect. Thanks for your prompt response.

- from California

I went through LHR about a month ago.

After going through customs/baggage collection and entering the terminal waiting area there were many shuttle and limo drivers holding up signs with the last names of those they were waiting for.

The reservation was made last March and so many changes have occurred at T5 I wonder if someone with information or experience can give current advice as to how to connect.
Actually, T5 arrivals is pretty much exactly as it was when it opened.

If you actually have a say in where to meet the driver, tell him to go to the Krispy Kreme doughnut stall near where international arrivals come out. It's slightly out of the crowds, so it'll be easier to spot him. And it's a totally unambiguous location.

Sorry to correct this: That's a map for Terminal 3 (and now out-of-date).

The current PDF map for Terminal 5 is here: http://www.heathrowairport.com/assets/Internet/Heathrow/Heathrow%20downloads/Static%20files/Heathrow_T5_Terminal_Map_01_2008.pdf. Page 4 is the arrivals level. number 19 is Krispy Kreme.

Archived