Venice

udance2

We will be on the beautiful Emerald Sept. 21st for 30 glorious days with a few days in Venice. I understand you can get a 36 hour Vaporetto Pass, would anyone know the cost?

Also any suggestions on where to go for a nice dinner?

Thanks

We were in Venice in March...the 3 day pass was wonderful. I believe it was 21 euro per person. It's a wonderful local transportation system. Includes boats to neighboring islands like Murano and Lido, as well. Really enjoyed it. Ah, Venezia! I miss it.

We will be on the beautiful Emerald Sept. 21st for 30 glorious days with a few days in Venice. I understand you can get a 36 hour Vaporetto Pass, would anyone know the cost?

Thanks

Good for the Vaporetto, admissions to many museums and magnificent churches where much of the art still resides (free or discount) AND....municipal toilets. Believe me, you'll appreciate this more than you can ever expect. As for a "nice" dinner, I would go to one of the islands or the neighborhoods between the Grand Canal and Guidecca. Restaurants in and around St. Mark's Square are pricey to say the least. We enjoyed two lovely al fresco meals in restaurants NW of the square, past the canal with the Bridge of Tears. Look for small narrow passageways and you'll find some good reasonable places with buckets of local atmosphere, not the "plastic" tourist stuff that you come to expect. Venice is perhaps the most interesting and enjoyable city we have visited, and my DW cried during our sail-away after we had spent 5 days pre-cruise crawling all over it. We are plotting a return

Thanks

Sounds like a grand cruise! As to places to dine, both times we have visited Venice we've broken down and eating at one of the resturants right along the Grand Canal. There are I think three of them on the right hand side of the Canal when you look down from Rialto. I don't remember the name, but you can see them in the picture attached. They are the outdoor seating with the red umbrella's. This time we ate at the one furthest from Rialto. Yes it looks like the ultimate tourist trap affair, but each time we found the price and the food to be reasonable, and the atmosphere is PRICELESS. We did wander a bit in the back alleys looking for one of Rick Steve's recommendations, but took atmosphere over authentic local food :rolleyes:

Enjoy the cruise and Venice!

381058649_0210_VeniceGrandCanal.jpg.0f4458a6d2af738bc711f1dc95d15640.jpg

Sounds like a grand cruise! As to places to dine, both times we have visited Venice we've broken down and eating at one of the resturants right along the Grand Canal. There are I think three of them on the right hand side of the Canal when you look down from Rialto. I don't remember the name, but you can see them in the picture attached. They are the outdoor seating with the red umbrella's. This time we ate at the one furthest from Rialto. Yes it looks like the ultimate tourist trap affair, but each time we found the price and the food to be reasonable, and the atmosphere is PRICELESS. We did wander a bit in the back alleys looking for one of Rick Steve's recommendations, but took atmosphere over authentic local food :rolleyes:

Enjoy the cruise and Venice!

What was the name of the restaurant??

Ron

What was the name of the restaurant??

Ron

The Rick Steve's recommendation was a couple streets behind Rialto and the food market. If you glance the places to eat in his book he has numerous recommendations. Sorry, I didn't buy the book and lug it on the trip. I made a copy of the page and it went out with the garbage as we left Venice.

Archived