Anyone remember Capt. Engebretsen from the NCL Skyward?

tally10

Just wondered if anyone remembered Capt. Engebretsen from the old NCL Skyward? He had gotten a lot of publicity because his daughter, Trina, needed a transplant (liver, if I remember correctly). They lived in Miami some years back and I don't remember what happened to them. Anyone know? We sailed with him years ago.

• 5 months later...

Tally 10 - My DW & a group of her friends sailed on the Skyward with Capt Engbretsen back in the mid 80's.. We are from Pittsburgh & that is where his daughter came for her transplant... Sadly, in August 1995 he was the captain of a gambling cruise ship out of Palm Beach FL & the ship went down in Hurricane Erin....He was one of three casualties...

If you google "Captain Lars Engebretsen" you will see the newspaper article...

Rlapa

Thank you so much. I now know what happened. I googled him and Trine. A sad end for him. I remember his daughter getting the transplant. Such a pretty young lady she has become. Glad to hear such a happy ending for her and a sad one for him. He was a very nice captain on the old Skyward.

• 3 months later...

Lars Engebretsen was a good friend of mine. I was a member of the "Front Row Trio" (revolving entertainer doing one show on each ship) What a great guy he was. I also knew his wife Marianne. Lovely lady she was as a hostess on the skyward when he met her. Sad about his tragedy. Also His cruise director, Hasse Sylvan died very young of a heart attack.

My name is Bill Aseere

I cruzed with him when he wasnt even married..a young officer on the Sunward..in '69, my very 1st cruze. He was gorgeous, I was 25, and we flirted....How sad..

Lars Engebretsen

Lars Engebretsen was a good friend of mine. I was a member of the "Front Row Trio" (revolving entertainer doing one show on each ship) What a great guy he was. I also knew his wife Marianne. Lovely lady she was as a hostess on the skyward when he met her. Sad about his tragedy. Also His cruise director, Hasse Sylvan died very young of a heart attack.

My name is Bill Aseere

[

Lars Engebretsen

My name is Bill Aseere quote=tally10;16193810]Just wondered if anyone remembered Capt. Engebretsen from the old NCL Skyward? He had gotten a lot of publicity because his daughter, Trina, needed a transplant (liver, if I remember correctly). They lived in Miami some years back and I don't remember what happened to them. Anyone know? We sailed with him years ago.

Lars Engebretsen

My name is Bill Aseere

I have been a cruze junkie since those daze..I read the news release from a link..I was saddened by his loss to the industry.My mom, now 90 took me for my b'day in June 1969..darn, THAT old thing is back next Tuesday!..

• 6 months later...

Hi folks,

I stumbled across this thread while doing research and, being part of their extended family, thought I'd give some input.

Marianne is remarried and living in SoFla. Trine is also married, to another transplant recipient no less: her wedding on Miami Beach was an episode of TNT's Wedding Day show. Lar's oldest daughter, Lise, resides in LA and is pursuing a career in acting.

I will be sure to pass along your rememberances of Lars.

Becoming an Organ Donor is certainly a great way to honor and remember an old shipmate!

I've just come off 3 recent(this wknd also) cruzes...I got to tell my mom about Lars, just b4 she passed, also, a week after her 90th Bday. I will always have a soft spot for him, as he was my 1st..Master of the vessel

Archived