What happens if they shut down Houston Airprt

WCAB

Have depended on all my friends here at CC for all my cruise questions. Hope you will indulge me one that is a bit off the mark. Saved for quite some time to fly my daughter and two granddaughters here. Daughter has to fly here Saturday and go home (Calif) on Sunday and will come back two weeks later to visit a few days and take the girls home. They are flying Continental which goes through Houston and then on to Louisville. Prior to the flight, if it appears highly likely the hurricane Ike will close the Houston airport could she call ahead of time and ask if she could be re-routed, or would she just show up at the airport and hope for the best.

Your daughter should be watching the updates on the Continental site. They can only alter her flights if there is space available elsewhere. They will do everything they can to assist her and the children but you should be aware that alternate flights may not be available Saturday.

She can be proactive and check a site like kayak.com to see her alternative flights. If she needs to make other plans this will help her work with the Continental agent.

We were on Continental a couple of Saturdays ago and were delayed in Houston during thunderstorms. It now looks like Ike will go farther south but it may affect Houston.

I hope everything works out for you and your family.

During Gustav, Continental allowed people flying through IAH to make changes to their itinerary. It's very likely they will do the same for Ike. In fact, I just looked and Continental is allowing people traveling through IAH from Sept 11th to Sept 13th to make changes to your reservation. http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/news/travelnotices.aspx

Thanks, I will give the airlines a call tomorrow and see what they can do. Wish I had a crystal ball. I booked her on Delta to fly home on Sunday and there hub is in Atlanta. Now I wish I would have booked all the flights through Delta but I chose the best times and price for each leg of the trip.

If I cannot find a chage that will work, I will just pray that the hurricane does

not impact Houston Airport. The biggest obstacle is that my daughter cannot miss anytime from work right now, which is why she flys with the kids here on Saturday and must fly home on Sunday.

Yep, friend was due to fly out saturday morning from Houston, at 1:00AM today she saw that Continental was allowing changes with no fees so she is flying out Friday. I am hoping I will not have a problem with my flight from Dallas on Saturday, I am watching American and if I see they are allowing change then I too will fly out Friday. I am packed and ready to go at a moments notice.

If I cannot find a chage that will work, I will just pray that the hurricane does

not impact Houston Airport. The biggest obstacle is that my daughter cannot miss anytime from work right now, which is why she flys with the kids here on Saturday and must fly home on Sunday.

post deleted for being too insensitive

KL

Archived