Second Bruno Tour!

Spikesgirl

We received this message from Bruno this morning and thought it might serve to post it here.

################################################

You have been added on the waiting list concerning our October 16th full day excursion, however, we have thunk to propose another tour able to do a similar program and to visit the same places :

- Same Coral garden.

- Same Motu lunch with sea fauna ( lagonarium ).

- Same or similar Pearl farm and Vanilla farm.

This tour will be made with a monohull boat 12 persons maximum.

The responsable of this supplementary tour is MR Atger Theodore, owner of the motu lunch.

If you want to suscribe, just tell us by email reply.

Price : 9500 xpf / 130 usd

Shedule : 08.15 am / 04.30pm

Thank you.

Bruno

################################################

Just thought everyone would like to know!

Sorry - forgot to post to island. I was anxious to let all the folks who'd tried with Bruno and couldn't get in know that he'd added a second tour. We immediately grabbed it - it's going to save us over $260 (as opposed to doing the same sort of tour with Princess) and we get fed as well.

Just to comment: Bruno will not conduct your tour. The gent who operates the trattoria on the motu will captain.

I met and chatted with Mr. Theordore in February and he served a very pleasant Polynesian buffet lunch. He is amiable and an islander - but he's not Bruno. Might be good, might be bad - no posters here have shared their experience with Mr. T.

That said, Bruno's tour was great and surely the same stops will be offered on your itinerary. On the down side, Bruno was tough to understand due to the open air p.a. and a strong accent so I doubt you will "lose" anything in the translation. Bruno was very patient and eager to explain various things - the working plantation, pearl farm, odd creatures in the motu's pens and, of course, he takes excellent digital underwater photos of your tour.

I would think that as Bruno is supervising your trip in spirit (he has a very close relationship for years with Mr. T), you will have a great time. Bruno is well aware of how much he relies on cruise ship passengers and the recommendations of posters on CC. But, again, Mr. T is not Bruno.

Yes, Bruno made it clear in his e mail that he would not be conducting this second tour, which is fine with us. We were more interested in the tour than actually being with Bruno. Since I haven't met either, I'm sure that Mr. T will be fine. I'm not sure if Bruno has decided to add a permanent second group or if it will be just during high demand times. Either way, I will report back here for folks considering the company.

• 1 month later...

If you're the only ship in port, Bruno will probably do a short tour rather than none at all. If another ship arrives earlier (there aren't very many in the region at one time), I'm sure he'll do the all-day, more expensive tour. Just email him and ask. Enjoy your trip. French Polynesia is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

have been there three other times on Windstar when they were there. It was magical. I assume things have changed a lot.

I am worried--if the ship docks so late--then you have to get off--that hardly leaves much time for any of Bruno? Three or so hours doesn't do much.

That depends - when was your last visit there? We didn't find as much change as we had expected and feared (previous trip was 2004). The coral was in good shape and tourism didn't seem to be impacting the island too much. BB is really suffering from the brunt of it.

Does the ship offer anything for you in Raiatea? That might be the way to go with only three hours in port. Most of our dive tours were about three hours long, so you can do it, it's just a bit tight.

Whatever you do, have a great time doing it!

Archived