Celebrity Happy Hour Specials Website?

socialworker

Hi--

We booked directly with Celebrity, have a CC for an October cruise, and have, of course paid in full. We would now like to upgrade to a suite using a Happy Hour fare, but I guess that's not allowed.

Has anyone had experience trying to upgrade after full payment has been made? Thanks for any input---.

I too am upset about these Happy Hour prices for the Oct.19 Panama sailing. Today the CC level is more than $1,000. (each) cheaper than what we paid - we booked it last year on a Summit cruise to Hawaii. I called Celebrity first thing this morning wanting them to match the price but they refused to. They are strickly sticking to the fact that it is meant for new bookings only and is only good for bookings today. The only thing we can do is watch that the price goes down on their web site and immediately call them to match that price. They told me that they will do that and credit the difference back to our charge card. The girl that I spoke with this morning said there are lots of empty cabins still to sell. Let's hope the prices do go down - to be fair to all of us that booked early in good faith.

Ruthk

St. Catharines, Ontario.

Canada

I can see how you feel about Happy Hour (Xcitiing deals) prices being available to new bookings only. I too have felt a little bit upset when one of my cruises went on special. But then I remember all of my cruises where the prices kept rising, never went on special, and I booked early and paid much less than those who booked late.

These sale prices are for cruises that are not selling out within a month or two of sailing and the sale is only good for a short period of time.

By booking early, you get your choice of cabins on the cruise that you want - by the time these specials come out, the best cabins are usually gone. If you wait to book to see if a special comes up, you might be disappointed because the cruise you want doesn't go on sale.

Also, a lot are not combinable with air - a definite problem when you are booking air that late in the process or have to book two one way fares because the air doesn't qualify for an open jaw. We seriously considered a happy hour special that was not combinable with air - when I checked for air before booking, the air was so outrageous that it wiped out any savings on the cruise.

Waiting for a happy hour sale is a crap shoot. You usually do not get a choice cabin and if you need to fly to the cruise ship I would definitely not wait for a happy hour sale.

We did buy our 10/23/07 Constellation cruise on a Happy Hour sale. But we were driving to the pier. So we could wait. We also did not get a great cabin - very noisy and it's the only time we've had a noisy cabin on a Celebrity cruise, even my husband complained. But as the saying goes..."you get what you pay for."

Hi--

I posted the "Upgrading" question, and thank all of you for the information. While not new to cruising, I am new to Celebrity and just wanted to be sure that I was given correct info on the happy hour upgrade policy.

Thanks again---we have a good CC (6144) so are perfectlr content to stay put!

Janet

Janet - you picked a great cabin for your first time with Celebrity. I was very happy with it last year. It is a bit wider than most CC cabins, but the real prize is the extra large balcony, with a nice teak flooring. Enjoy it!

Archived