Seats on Air New Zealand for United codeshare flight

Traveller94

We booked a flight on United, but one of the legs is a code share with Air New Zealand. United wouldn't give us seats on this flight. We thought about calling Air New Zealand and trying to get seats directly through them, but we only have a United confirmation number. Anyone know how we go about getting seats?

Part two of this question is that my DH has purchased a yearly pass with United to get the Economy Plus seats. Will this get us Economy Plus on the code share flight with Air New Zealand, or will they only give us regular economy?

Thanks for your help.

We booked a flight on United, but one of the legs is a code share with Air New Zealand. United wouldn't give us seats on this flight. We thought about calling Air New Zealand and trying to get seats directly through them, but we only have a United confirmation number. Anyone know how we go about getting seats?
Calling Air New Zealand is probably your best bet if United won't do anything. NZ will be able to retrieve your reservation using name, date and flight number. However, don't necessarily expect to be able to get seats pre-allocated; everything depends on the policies of the operating carrier.
Part two of this question is that my DH has purchased a yearly pass with United to get the Economy Plus seats. Will this get us Economy Plus on the code share flight with Air New Zealand, or will they only give us regular economy?
Air New Zealand doesn't have Economy Plus, so this won't work.

Air New Zealand's premium economy is a different animal from UA's Economy Plus, which is just a few inches of extra space. NZ's premium economy is a different class altogether.

Air New Zealand's premium economy is a different animal from UA's Economy Plus, which is just a few inches of extra space. NZ's premium economy is a different class altogether.

Can you tell us more? Details on seats, onboard services, priorities (if any) in the airport, etc.? (something over & above what's on the website)thanks!:)

Can you tell us more? Details on seats, onboard services, priorities (if any) in the airport, etc.? (something over & above what's on the website)
Sorry, can't add anything to what's on the website as I have no personal experience of it.

But, in general, a true premium economy will be something between an economy with added bells and whistles, and a "business lite" - it depends on the airline and where they've positioned it in the market.

Can you tell us more? Details on seats, onboard services, priorities (if any) in the airport, etc.? (something over & above what's on the website)thanks!:)

As far as I remember, NZ only has separate check-in area (not just line, but a totally separate check-in area with sofas) in Auckland for its Businese Premier passengers. I dont recall seeing a separate line for Premium Economy.

Your UA E+ pass has 0 meaning to NZ. OTOH, I believe NZ's premium economy is a much better product as it is a completely separate class from the economy. If your ticket is not booked into NZ premium economy, you would not be sitting in that class.

UA can give you the NZ record locator of your trip. With the NZ PNR you can call NZ to have your seat assignments. Or you can just call NZ and give them your names, date of travel and the flight(s), NZ can locate that for you and be sure you ask for NZ record locator so if you need to call again you have that info handy.

Archived