Anyone else NOT really drink on a cruise?

JenaMH

Whether it be because of the added costs or whatever, anyone else not order drinks? Of the 3 cruises I've been on, the first cruise I only had a glass of wine, and well... that one drink is all I've ever ordered! :D

flamesuit.gif

We are just not big drinkers. We may have one or two the entire time, but that would be a lot for us. I think if anything we drink more at home (wine with dinner occasionally, or margarita night with the girls...) than we EVER do on a cruise!

I think we are in the minority, though.

We don't drink anymore or less on a cruise--we have a couple drinks before dinner, then we eat, then, we're done!!!! Once in a while, I'll have a drink at the pool in the afternoon, but that's not an everyday thing.

The cost doesn't really matter--that's not where I'd look to save. If money is that tight, then I'm not sure I should be vacationing!

We are just not big drinkers. We may have one or two the entire time, but that would be a lot for us. I think if anything we drink more at home (wine with dinner occasionally, or margarita night with the girls...) than we EVER do on a cruise!

I think we are in the minority, though.

Same for us. We have our fourth cruise coming up in November and I don't anticipate us having more than 3-4 drinks each for the entire 9 night trip.

It's kinda sad... ...before we even left port last year, people had already downed a few on the $10 special glass drinks on the main deck! And they wonder why the bill is so high at the end of the trip?!

For us, we like having fun, but some of the practical side comes into play. It's like, why pay $8/drink when I can get it in one of the ports for 1/2 the price instead and maybe have two? Some call it being cheap, I call it being frugal.

But like I said, it doesn't keep us from having a few...

My family doesn't drink either. My DH can't (disability med's) and I generally choose not to. However, in my up-coming trip I'm hoping to bring a "box" of wine on board to have something to enjoy from my 1st balcony cabin. We'll see how that goes:p

We don't purchase drinks of any kind on the ship - way too expensive and it really adds up fast. We just bring a bottle or two of wine and maybe have a free one at the past guest reception. Sometimes we'll get a free drink at one of the art auctions and have a good laugh at the prices. :rolleyes:

wow. looks like more than i thought were non drinkers. i just cant justify paying that much for drinks. it adds up fast.

I agree.

My budget allows for three frozen drinks over the course of the cruise: one at sail-away and one for each sea day. And quite frankly, they might even be non-alcoholic!

I don't drink very often on our cruises, either. Maybe a glass of wine occasionally. I was raised by a Southern Baptist preacher and alcohol was a forbidden item. Just never really acquired the taste for beer.

BUT I can't live without my lattes or Diet Cokes!

On our last cruise we bought three drinks for the whole week. One drink of the day out on deck in the sun for my wife, and a couple martinis one evening, and those were the martini of the day and reduced in cost. It was just a fun treat. Most of the fun I have on a cruise doesn't require a buzz, and it sounds like I'm not alone.

That being said, I firmly enjoy watching other drunk people, so those of you that feel so inclined, please don't stop on MY account!

Well I have not yet been on a cruise but I have to say that I have never been a drinker. I have gotten a bit tipsy a couple times and I did not enjoy it. I will on occasion have some calorie laden frozen drink, it has to taste good though. Why waste calories on something that does not taste good.

My husband used to drink in his younger days before he met me but he is diabetic now and it is not good for him so he rarely drinks. I do not forsee him drinking much either.

We are caffeine addicts though!

Archived