Upgrade on Mariner

cweed

We are due to sail on the Mariner of the Seas on November 30. IF we are given an upgrade, when would I expect to see this on the RCCL "my cruise" site? Thank you, this is our 4th cruise on the Mariner!

i have never personally been upgraded, but i remember reading somewhere that most upgrades happen approx. 2 weeks before you sail.

again, ive never had this happen to me personally, just what i remember reading. i am also checking for upgrades on my cruise, we leave in 18 days. my cruise is on sale right now....449/pp for an interior room, so im hoping for an upgrade....

greg

The Mariner has been sailing full, so chances of an upgrade are slim. We were on the Aug 31 sailing and I needed a larger room to accomadate my walker and they did not have any staterooms at all. Guest relations was very helpful and did their best.

We are due to sail on the Mariner of the Seas on November 30. IF we are given an upgrade, when would I expect to see this on the RCCL "my cruise" site? Thank you, this is our 4th cruise on the Mariner!

When we received a recent upgrade, it didn't show up at all, until we arrived at the pier. Only then did we learn that we had been upgraded from a JS to a GS. I was concerned because our luggage had the JS cabin number on the tags. Eventually our bags arrived, but the occupants of our JS were probably very pleased with the bottle of wine from our TA. :rolleyes:

LL

We were upgraded from a JS to a GS on our 8/31 Mariner cruise. I did not know it untill friday evening before the Sunday sail date.

We were leaving for Orlando that Saturday morning, so Friday I was getting everything in order, double checked "My Cruises" on the website for any weather issues, messages, etc, and then noticed my room assignment # had changed. I also had a new outstanding balance of $31.50, which was the difference for the pre-paid gratuities for a suite.

I promptly paid the $31.50 then and there, then printed a new "Set Sail Pass".

The only problem we encountered, (small one), is that your name and cabin # are printed, or put into the system, and distributed to all staff on the ship weeks ahead of time. Everything coming to our statreroom, discount booklets, etc, had someone elses name on it. Ours was probably delivered to somewhere else. On embarkation day, our room steward kept calling me Mr. ______, whom I am not. She must have memorized names with rooms to impress people. It took a while to straighten it all out.

Chops and Portifino were a little confused also with our reservations. It took 2-3 days untill everything became normal.

We did not have baggage tags either, and I tipped the porter extra to be sure they were delivered to our new stateroom without any hitches.

Archived