Age restrictions

hawkfanI

While reviewing excursions for our 12/7 cruise on the IOS I was interested in an excursion that included trips on 2 person motor boats that go to a beach area for snorkeling (in Costa Maya). We did the same kind of excursion last time we were in Key West and had a great time. When reading the review, at the end they had a maximum age of 50. I was insulted and appalled, I work out 3 to 4 days a week and consider myself in better shape than most my age and younger. I didn't mention, I'm 51. Has anyone else encountered maximum age restrictions on excursions before?

We have done that excursion for years. Before the hurricane destroyed the area, they put the restriction in. We still went to Uvaro Beach that day and asked them.

It is NOT an RCI restriction, it is a tour operator restriction. I am over 60 and can still see my belt buckle...lots of 20 somethings haven't seen their since they were 9!

Yeah, it is irritating but the guys said two reasons: They had one heart attack and many "senior" customers that could not handle, figure out, manage, (etc,etc,etc) the little two person boats. DUH!

WOW!!! How horrible :mad::eek: I'm 41 this Saturday, and my best friend is 53 and is better shape than me, runs 2 miles a day and looks my age!!

All they need to do is give the details and mention that you need to be in good health, no back problems etc..etc...

That's really not right IMO. You should go of course and tell them to ......well, you know where I'm going with that!!!! :D

Archived