Aqueducts in Rome?

Yes, I have done it and I loved it. I took the Archeobus, but I believe I read somewhere that it does not go all the way to the Aqueduct Park now. You could still possibly take it to the nearest stop and walk from there. The lighting in late afternoon was magical and I got some great photos. Taken from the right angle, you can't see anything "modern." Well worth the trip! (Of course, just to walk on the Via Appia was a treasured moment for me....)

We leave 4 weeks from tomorrow! I am getting very excited. I like the idea of taking the archeobus as far as it will go and walk, if the distance is reasonable. I will look that one up. I looked up suggestions for public transportation, and that is another option for us. We get into Rome Saturday morning and want to drop our luggage and go. Then get back, take a nap and get up and check out some of the fountains and churches and such. Sunday my sister will join us and we will get HOHO tickets and do the "Cesear shuffle" as Rick Steves calls it. Monday we have a tour of the Vatican set up with Angel Tours and they will take us to the ship after the tour.

So much to see in so little time!

Archived