Avalon cruise - luggage restrictions

George25923

My wife and I are going on a 14 day Avalon cruise in September and were planning on taking a medium and small suitcase each. The information package we recieved from Avalon was very specific and said one piece of luggage each. We have a suite on the ship and the luggage will nest after it is unpacked so it will not take up any more room in the room that two medium bags. Has anyone had any experience in taking more than one bag for each person? For a 14 day cruise it is difficult to pack enough clothes in one bag. Especially for the wife.

Thanks

Em

RC 4/08

Celebrity 2/08

Disney 4/07

Carnival 2/07

RC 11/06

RC 9/08

We each had a 30" piece of luggage and a carry-on and had plenty of room for storage for these under the bed.

I believe that there are limits on land tours but on our river cruise we took what was mentioned above and had no problems with storage at all.

There is a limit to luggage on the buses. You will not be able to carry any luggage onto the passenger comparment on the bus. There will be plenty of room in the luggage compartment for your luggage.

Plan on washing some things out in your cabin. Ship board laundry is very pricey.

I always carry detergent (liquid packs, small hand wash size), fabric softner, inflatable hangers, and several plastic hangers with clips. I usually take a few that come with clothes purchases and just leave the hangers at the end of the trip. Also a few large paper clips may be useful. Someone suggested taking 1 or 2 large zip lock 1 or 2 gallons bags to hold detergent and clothes. Seems the sinks will never hold water.

We travel done several trips of 3 or more weeks. We check 1 bag each and have 1 carry on for the two of us.

Have a great time.

MSEm

Archived