Low on Money for excursions

Piatt1011

We are a little low on Money for the excursions so we can't put out a lot of money. We are getting married right before the cruise and I am currently unemployed. So my question is where is the cheapest beach that we can enjoy and is there any activities that we will be able to do on our own really that won't cost us an arm and a leg.

Thanks

Go up the sky tram at the dock area like 10 bucks each. then take a taxi from up top to Meghans bay you wont be disapointed. MY wife and I went there on our honeymoon and again this year. Just get back to ship in time.

P.S. ------ IF YOU FIND A GOLD MANS WEDDING RING LET ME KNOW I LOST MINE THERE IN THE WATER.

We are a little low on Money for the excursions so we can't put out a lot of money. We are getting married right before the cruise and I am currently unemployed. So my question is where is the cheapest beach that we can enjoy and is there any activities that we will be able to do on our own really that won't cost us an arm and a leg.

Thanks

Consider staying on board the ship while everyone is rushing off for their shore excursions. Some of my best cruise memories are of the emply pool deck while the ship was in a popular port.

Thanks

If you are docking at Havensight, grab a cab to Morningstar Beach. It's about a 5-10 minute cab ride from there and won't cost you an arm and a leg. If you have time to spare upon your return, stop at the Paradise Point Tramway and have a Bushwhacker while you enjoy the view. Then walk back to your ship after the ride back down.

If you're docking at Crown Bay, you can walk to Lindberg Beach, or grab a water taxi to Water Island.

None of the beaches I mentioned charge an entry fee. The only beach on St. Thomas that charges a fee is Magen's Beach.

In Havensight you could walk around the shop, walk over to the Marina area at Yacht Haven Grande... have lunch, drinks, icecream. If you are up for it you could walk to downtown, about 1.4 miles and there you could check out some of the historical sites, shop, have lunch. Morningstar is the closest beach to Havensight, short taxi ride, around $6 pp, ow. If you are really try to save you could bring a picnic lunch with you from the deli at the market in Havensight or you can buy food/drinks at Morningstar.

--Islander

Piatt, you can walk to public transportation from Havensight, and it will take you within walking distance of some beaches (Sapphire is usually recommended, but food situation there is iffy). Do a search for cheap transportation in St Thomas for the details. It's the most popular topic on this forum.

My Family and I were in St. Thomas for the second time this January. We didn't have any excursuin planned. We happened upon an area where the local tour operators were hocking thier tours. We decided to take a tour with Raymond. He is a part time fire fighter on the island. He gave a very good tour. It was reasonable in cost. He was a bit opinionated in some aspects, but I'd use him again. Here is a pic of his truck and one of him speaking to the group:

8x3s79.jpg

24g99pd.jpg

Thanks

I would take a taxi or bus to Red Hook. From there you take a ferry to St John. Both are very inexpensive. It's a short walk on the National Park hiking trail to ... drum roll please ... Honeymoon Beach! It's a small, sugar sand, beautiful beach with shady areas in back. There are no facilities here at all excepty the most perfect beach in the world. There is no charge. Watch your time so you catch the ferry back in time. You can catch a different ferry back that drops you off in downtown St Thomas for a little shopping before you walk or taxi back to the ship. Have a great time!

Archived