Southern Caribbean on Victory

scarlet4897

Here is what DH & I did when we visited these amazing ports:

San Juan: We walked around by ourselves and explored OSJ casually...

St. Thomas: Rented a Jeep and went to Cokie Beach, Sapphire Beach, & Magen's Bay (toured the island 10 years ago)

Dominica: Took a tour with Levi Bummping...excellent!

Barbados: Took a cab to Malibu Beach

St. Lucia: Explored the island with Cosol Tours...excellent!

Antigua: Took a Carnival island/beach tour...nice

St. Kitts: Thenford Grey gave us an island tour and beach stop at Cockelshell Beach...excellent!

All of these ports are beautiful and each one is unique in it's own way.

Happy Sailin' :) and no matter what excursion ya'll decide on..it'll be fabulous!

You definitely want to book an excursion in Dominica rather than go out on your own (we are doing the 4-wheeling excursion with a side trip to Trafalgar Falls). quote]

We did Dominica last year and I disagree (nicely though). We walked to the end of the pier, found a wonderful driver (Jefferson was his name) to take our group of 10 for the day, and he gave us the VERY BEST tour. We knew where we wanted to go, he took us there,, left then came back with a bigger airconditioned 16 seater van, plus he showed us sights we never even knew about. We snorkeled, did the falls, ate at a great restuarant in the rain forest, and swam in the hot springs at Screw's Spa. Cost was 20pp. Well worth it and a great day! We're booking him again for our 2/1 gig!!!!!!!!

The scene is a little intense when you come off the pier as the cabbies all want your business but they are friendly. Go with a cabbie if you know what you want to see and do.. Tours and ship excursions are much more expensive (just my opinion) Can't wait to be back there, Kaboochi

scarlet4897

Have you been over on the roll call board for this cruise? Check it out as I have posts over there referring to Antigua.

Feel free to ask me about Antigua. If I don't have the answer I will ask our friends who have lived their all of their lives. It's a great island - 365 beaches! Kaboochi

Hey Everybody!!

This will be my 4th Carnival cruise and my bf's 1st - I'm so excited and have already started planning my excursions - I'm posting here b/c I can't really think of another place to post this question.....

I'm trying to plan my excursions at each port - St. Thomas, Barbados, Dominica, Antigua, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts.

Is there anyone who has done a Southern itinerary who can tell me which port is known for what - as in which is the best beach day, which is best snorkel, which is the best zip line, which is the best hike/bike interior.....

Thanks for any help anyone can provide (and I've been looking at each port page)

Thanks!

Hey Scarlet,

St. Thomas is absolutely fabulous for jewelry shopping! Last December we had a port stop there and my DH bought me a beautiful diamond ring. Great prices too. Just be sure to check with your ship's purser or go to a shopping talk so you know which stores are legit. Diamonds International is always a good bet. Have fun!

We did Dominica last year and I disagree (nicely though). We walked to the end of the pier, found a wonderful driver (Jefferson was his name) to take our group of 10 for the day, and he gave us the VERY BEST tour. We knew where we wanted to go, he took us there,, left then came back with a bigger airconditioned 16 seater van, plus he showed us sights we never even knew about. We snorkeled, did the falls, ate at a great restuarant in the rain forest, and swam in the hot springs at Screw's Spa. Cost was 20pp. Well worth it and a great day! We're booking him again for our 2/1 gig!!!!!!!!

*** If your booking again-- how do you get a hold of them** Id love to do this??

You definitely want to book an excursion in Dominica rather than go out on your own (we are doing the 4-wheeling excursion with a side trip to Trafalgar Falls). quote]

The scene is a little intense when you come off the pier as the cabbies all want your business but they are friendly. Go with a cabbie if you know what you want to see and do.. Tours and ship excursions are much more expensive (just my opinion) Can't wait to be back there, Kaboochi

Hey Kaboochi...I'd love to get more information on how to contact Jefferson for our cruise in Sept! Sounds like a great tour! :)

Already has been! I think Ryan will love the Pirate Ship and the St. Kitts train. Two down, five to go...:D

agggie....how old is Ryan? We are cruising 3/8/09 with our 4yo GD and

are just now choosing excursions. The St. Kitts train ride is one we have

chosen.

chosen.

Please tell me about the St. Kitts train ride. Where does it go? can you book on your own... price, and so on. Thanks so much, Kaboochi

Please tell me about the St. Kitts train ride. Where does it go? can you book on your own... price, and so on. Thanks so much, Kaboochi

Just google St. Kitts scenic railway. Lots of info, pictures and reviews.

Looks like a great tour. We're just now listing which excursions we

want to do..........looks like we'll be doing some beach days on some

of the islands ....... $$$ for excursions for 7 islands add up fast.:(

chosen.

He'll be 4 1/2 by the time we go in April 2010. He currently has a fascination with trains - he wants Santa to bring him one for Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...
Feel free to ask me about Antigua. If I don't have the answer I will ask our friends who have lived their all of their lives. It's a great island - 365 beaches! Kaboochi

Which beach should my friend and I go to . We are 2 females,so want to be safe,sit under an umbrella and just veg out at the scenery.Which is the most beautiful Beach and how much for a cab there????l

This our first cruise and I was wondering how far out you can or should start booking independent tours?? We have some ideas on what we would like to do, but I haven't started booking yet b/c it seemed too early. Thanks!

Thanks for all the help - I've started reviewing the boards - and I think I've started to narrow down which islands would be the best for which type of activity - but haven't decided which tour - I always like contacting outside tour guides over going thru carnival....

Antigua - beach - is the general consensus - on the antigua board i learned about

The Xtreme Circumnav So we'll see about that -

Dominica - i heard that its all about the rainforest here - and found something called

Fredos tour

Barbados - i think its all about turtles here - and I some cc'ers were talking about a catamaran tour with

shasa catamaran cruises

St. Lucia - is the two mountains and the volcano right?? Here's a tour i found:St. Lucia Frank

St. Kitts - not sure maybe a beach or maybe a biking tour through carnival?? I want to do some bike tour at least (need the exercise after all the lounging)

St. Thomas - Sailorwife you might remember how my friends and I missed the top of the mountain and met up with the tour at Drake's seat - !!! - so Sunny's might be a good option since I missed half of it last year and my boyfriend's never been (and its pretty economical).

Finally, from what I've gathered ZIP LINING is available in St. Lucia and Barbados - I wanted to do this badly until I read about the accident a year back or so with the woman who fell and died - not sure if I want to risk death ! :( So I'm not sure if I want to do that.

I know that its only Sept, but i'm so excited for February already! I always do this to myself as soon as I book a cruise -

I might have to copy some of these!!!! I was trying to figure out what to do in each port!! I might sit out one port because I don't want to get tooo exhausted!!! But these are some great ideas!

Hey guys, I'm doing the same cruise in December. Here are our plans.

St. Thomas - skyride, never done it.

Dominica - Bumpiing Tours with Levi Baron, hits a LOT

St. Lucia - Land and Sea to Soufriere through Carnival, looks a lot like Cosol, but it includes a catamaran and snorkel

St. Kitts - St. Kitts Scenic Railroad

Barbados - Concorde Experience and Harrison's Cave or a beach

Antigua - undecided! Probably snorkelling and kayaking.

Looks like an awesome itinerary, and I can't wait!

How did all of your excursions turn out? Can't wait to hear it! :D

365 Beaches!!!! WOW!!!! I think we are going to do a beach in Antiqua...which ones are the best ones? Thanks Kaboochi!!!:D

Now that I'm back from Fascination (such a long wait, such a short cruise!), I'm ready to start planning Victory 5/09 for real.

Have already booked with Papa Bear for St Thomas again, and have emailed Cosol for St Lucia.

I'm thinking of the train in St Kitts (found info on the St Kitts board, Kaboochi)

Not in the least interested in The Boatyard in Barbados, so need something there.

Dominica - would definitely be interested in Jefferson, if someone can provide contact info

Antigua - no idea!

365 Beaches!!!! WOW!!!! I think we are going to do a beach in Antiqua...which ones are the best ones? Thanks Kaboochi!!!:D

Jeans,

We are going to Dickenson Bay. It is a beautiful beach, and has water sports. There is a great open air restaurant there that serves B,L&D. Friends of ours are part owners and I must say the food is good. Our daughter was there for a month and this was one of her favorite beaches.

Here's what the Big Banana Beach Restuarant Website says about Dickenson Bay:

The restaurant's location is unbeatable - front and centre on Antigua's most happening and liveliest beach, Dickenson Bay, walking distance from over seven hotels (including Sandals Antigua), and just a five minute drive from St. John's.

Hope this helps, Kaboochi

Jeans,

We are going to Dickenson Bay. It is a beautiful beach, and has water sports. There is a great open air restaurant there that serves B,L&D. Friends of ours are part owners and I must say the food is good. Our daughter was there for a month and this was one of her favorite beaches.

Here's what the Big Banana Beach Restuarant Website says about Dickenson Bay:

The restaurant's location is unbeatable - front and centre on Antigua's most happening and liveliest beach, Dickenson Bay, walking distance from over seven hotels (including Sandals Antigua), and just a five minute drive from St. John's.

Hope this helps, Kaboochi

Yes!!! It really does!!!!!! Thanks a lot Kaboochi!!! :D

Archived