Flight Deviation - Carnival Air Program

Payd

Custom Fly Aweigh® Services.

We'd be happy to personalize your travel plans.

At Carnival, we do everything possible to arrange the most convenient and comfortable flights for all our guests. But if you would like us to customize your flight arrangement, just let us know. If you want to spend a few days before or after your cruise in the city of your ship's departure, we can adjust the date of your flight. If you prefer a specific airline, we'd be only too happy to satisfy your request, whenever possible, and we can even make arrangements for you to upgrade to First Class. The non-refundable charge for any or all of these services is $50 per guest ($75 for Europe), subject to change, plus any additional airline charges. The service is available for guests under deposit until 45 days prior to sailing (60 days for Alaska and Europe cruises). Guests assigned on Carnival chartered flights may not be eligible for Custom Fly Aweigh Services. Guests may use our scheduled transfer service between the airport and pier only on arrival and departure cruise dates. Consult your travel agent or Carnival to obtain request forms.

I have copied the above from the Carnival website. We are interested in booking a "deviation" for our March cruise on the Legend.

At this point we have booked fly aweigh. Cost is only $649 per person. The best I have found so far is just over $1200 per person.

When I booked I was told we would get a red-eye, rather than bringing us in the day prior.

My question relates to the fine print. It says the charge is $50 per guest, plus any additional airline charges.

If I am going to have to top up to the full $1200 why bother with Carnival. Of course if it is only $649 + the $50 we will go for it.

Please tell me about you deviation from the fly aweigh!

Thanks!

Payd

I'll try to explain it. The "additional airline charges" come into play if

1. You book in, let's say March, and decide to apply the deviation in May. If the price of the flight has gone up, you pay the difference.

2. If you want a flight on X day at Y time....Carnival has not purchased a block of seats in this time frame. It will cost them to get it and you will pay for it.

FWIW, we did the Fly Aweigh program for our Destiny cruise from San Juan. Carnival's price was the lowest we could find. We booked it in January. In March, after doing much reading here on CC, we decided it would be prudent to fly in the day before. We called, paid the $50 pp fee, and that's all that was added.

Call and ask! :)

Custom Fly Aweigh® Services.

We'd be happy to personalize your travel plans.

At Carnival, we do everything possible to arrange the most convenient and comfortable flights for all our guests. But if you would like us to customize your flight arrangement, just let us know. If you want to spend a few days before or after your cruise in the city of your ship's departure, we can adjust the date of your flight. If you prefer a specific airline, we'd be only too happy to satisfy your request, whenever possible, and we can even make arrangements for you to upgrade to First Class. The non-refundable charge for any or all of these services is $50 per guest ($75 for Europe), subject to change, plus any additional airline charges. The service is available for guests under deposit until 45 days prior to sailing (60 days for Alaska and Europe cruises). Guests assigned on Carnival chartered flights may not be eligible for Custom Fly Aweigh Services. Guests may use our scheduled transfer service between the airport and pier only on arrival and departure cruise dates. Consult your travel agent or Carnival to obtain request forms.

I have copied the above from the Carnival website. We are interested in booking a "deviation" for our March cruise on the Legend.

At this point we have booked fly aweigh. Cost is only $649 per person. The best I have found so far is just over $1200 per person.

When I booked I was told we would get a red-eye, rather than bringing us in the day prior.

My question relates to the fine print. It says the charge is $50 per guest, plus any additional airline charges.

If I am going to have to top up to the full $1200 why bother with Carnival. Of course if it is only $649 + the $50 we will go for it.

Please tell me about you deviation from the fly aweigh!

Thanks!

Payd

You pay the 50.00 change fee imposed by Carnival and any additional airfare. It's the air carrier's fare, not Carnival's. They won't pay the additional fare for you.

The last time I tried a deviation, the cost of the deviation plus the difference in airfare came out to more then I could book myself.

I was very disappointed.

Ouch. Just to clarify...you book the deviation but at the time you have no idea of the amount of the extra fare right?

I'll try to explain it. The "additional airline charges" come into play if

1. You book in, let's say March, and decide to apply the deviation in May. If the price of the flight has gone up, you pay the difference.

2. If you want a flight on X day at Y time....Carnival has not purchased a block of seats in this time frame. It will cost them to get it and you will pay for it.

FWIW, we did the Fly Aweigh program for our Destiny cruise from San Juan. Carnival's price was the lowest we could find. We booked it in January. In March, after doing much reading here on CC, we decided it would be prudent to fly in the day before. We called, paid the $50 pp fee, and that's all that was added.

Call and ask! :)

This part of it I really do understand. I want to know what the additional charge will be upfront, so that we can decide if it is worthwhile. I guess I will just call and ask. I am glad it worked out for you with just the $50 fee.

Ouch. Just to clarify...you book the deviation but at the time you have no idea of the amount of the extra fare right?

Your TA/PVP will fax you some forms to fill out, which you then send to the air desk.

They will put together a flight itinerary for you which you then have the option of excepting or declining.

I took one look at the price and said "thanks but no thanks".

The flights weren't that great either.

Your TA/PVP will fax you some forms to fill out, which you then send to the air desk.

They will put together a flight itinerary for you which you then have the option of excepting or declining.

I took one look at the price and said "thanks but no thanks".

The flights weren't that great either.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for, I just didn't explain myself well enough. I truly appreciate your help:) .

I'll be calling on Monday!

This part of it I really do understand. I want to know what the additional charge will be upfront, so that we can decide if it is worthwhile. I guess I will just call and ask. I am glad it worked out for you with just the $50 fee.

Yep, what Duck said! :) You don't have to take what they offer but they will let you know what they can do.

Archived