How do you know if the price goes down?

barbara brad

And how do you know if you have been upgraded? We booked through an internet TA. Picked our balcony rooms (2), filled out the cruise personalizer on the princess site. Whenever I look on the site it just has our info and nothing about prices.

Should I be looking somewhere elsre? Our final payment is in January for an April Panama Canal Cruise.

Thanks!!!

the price change you can see on the princess website. search cruises and just plunk in the month, ship, etc and your cruise will come up.

to know if you've been upgraded go to my princess or cruise personalizer or look at your docs. it will have your cabin category and room number. only if your cabin has NOT been marked "no upgrades" will you possibly get a change. check the personalizer every so often (or like me, a few times a day!) and see if your cabin changes. your ta will get a notification every time anything changes on your booking. (this time i booked direct and princess emails me about all changes, including an upgrade).

Whether you use a "brick and mortar" or Internet TA, you are your own best advocate. Keep checking prices on the Princess website and on travel/cruise. If you see something lower, double-check to make sure it's not a flash promotion for new bookings and call your TA. Some TAs give you such a good price to start with that they can't discount further or match a promotion but you can always ask.

I recall reading other threads (search not working) that if there is a price drop after final payment, you can indeed get the lower price. Do others recall or had first hand experience either way? TIA!

Nope, we have never (no matter how the cruise is booked, whether through a TA or direct) been able to get a price drop on our sailing that shows up after final payment. And never been offered or been given a shipboard credit for the difference either.

Where on cruise personalizer is the box where "no upgrades" shows up? I want to make sure mine is unchecked, but I don't see that field when I look at my cruise personalizer. Thanks!

it is not there....it is on your booking that is only accessed by Princess or your TA....contact whoever made your booking to ensure it is the way you want it.

I recall reading other threads (search not working) that if there is a price drop after final payment, you can indeed get the lower price. Do others recall or had first hand experience either way? TIA!

We received a $900 On Board Credit when our 24 day Royal trans-atlantic cruise dropped substantiallly in price after final payment. Our TA went to bat for us with Princess and secured that credit.

Archived