Pac Sun - Slide removal...

dan08

It sure does get better.

So are you going to reply? you should and get them to contact them directly on board...see what they have to say. Maybe it's hidden :D :D :D

Yes ... perhaps I should suggest they contact the Captain - have him send someone down to check!!!!:eek::eek: "OMG It's gone!!!!":p

It gets better ......

As I advised below there has been no discussion of the waterside being removed as it is a very popular on board attraction, if your friends daughter can advise

us who has told her this I will be happy to contact them directly on board.

Kind Regards

Kylie

ROFLAMAO,

If it isn't written on a fact sheet, they will have no idea of the changes. What did someone say they are called in the US - "Booking Bunnies"

I reckon if I send a photo I'll get a reply along the lines of ...

"I regret to inform you that your photo is incorrect. There has been no discussion about the removal of the very popular slide from the Pacific Sun. Please inform me who has taken this photo so I can contact them directly to tell them it's incorrect ...."

Promise to take a pic of the super duper slide that isn't there and post it on CC while on the cruise.

Oh Good Glenda ... then I'll email it to the lovely girl at P&O and see if she still wants to contact someone directly!!!!:eek::eek:

Maybe someone else could phone P&O (or email them) --- I would love to see the variety of responses we could get!!!!

I reckon if I send a photo I'll get a reply along the lines of ...

"I regret to inform you that your photo is incorrect. There has been no discussion about the removal of the very popular slide from the Pacific Sun. Please inform me who has taken this photo so I can contact them directly to tell them it's incorrect ...."

This is so funny, maybe they will think someone has used Adobe to edit it out of the photo. We have to get a picture sent to her...pleeeese:D

Don

Maybe someone else could phone P&O (or email them) --- I would love to see the variety of responses we could get!!!!

Done, have emailed and said that I saw the slide in pieces on the ground at Forgacs (which I did) and was wondering if it was put back on or was it upgraded. ;)

Will advise when/if I get a response. :rolleyes:

Maybe they didn't have time for this cruise but will put it back on for the school holiday cruise.:confused:

couldn't help myself a few adjustments :p :D

red_pac_sun.jpg

Hey ... maybe that's the photo I should send the girl at P&O ... wonder what her response would be!!!

"See ... I told you in my previous correspondence that the slide was still in situ on the Pacific Sun ... and you'll notice that we've painted the funnel red in line with our new company protocols!!!"

hehehehe:D:D

But wait ... there's more ..... (I wonder who they sent down to check???!?!)

My sincerest apologies, we have since received confirmation from staff on board the Pacific Sun that the water slide had been removed during it's recent dry dock, this was not a planned change and therefore our office staff had not yet been advised of this change.

I sincerely apologise for providing the incorrect information and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Kylie

Information

P&O Cruises Australia

Locked Bag 1014, St.Leonards, NSW 2065

AU: Phone: 13 24 69, Fax: (02) 8424 9161

NZ: Phone: 0800 95 12 00, Fax: 0800 95 12 01

St Leonards NSW 1590

information@pocruises.com.au

http://www.pocruises.com.au

Thankyou for emailing Carnival Australia.

Unfortunately we have received confirmation from staff on board the Pacific Sun that the water slide will not be put back on board or replaced.

However if you do require further information, please contact our reservations department on 13 24 69.

Kind Regards

Kylie

Information

P&O Cruises Australia

Locked Bag 1014, St.Leonards, NSW 2065

AU: Phone: 13 24 69, Fax: (02) 8424 9161

NZ: Phone: 0800 95 12 00, Fax: 0800 95 12 01

St Leonards NSW 1590

information@pocruises.com.au

www.pocruises.com.au

So at least Kylie is now giving the correct and same response to everyone. I do love how she flicks any further queries straight back to the call centre. Hope she gets their scripting updated. No explanation as to why it's been removed though, hmmm. :eek:

Hi everyone,

Well i have just sent a email to p&o as well stating that we saw parts of it on the ground in drydock and on sailaway on saturday we could not see it. I have also asked when the new deck plans will be available so we can see what changes there are. I imagine i will get the standard answer, but who knows!!

I did try to butter them up and say how lovely she looked.

Cheers,

Kirsten

I can confirm the reason as to the removal of the waterslide.Apparently during recent board room discussions Anne Sherry expressed concern at the Rhapsody of The Seas rock climbing wall stealing some of P&O's advertising clout.

Therefore the Pacific Dawn will be making an unscheduled dry dock at the end of her next cruise.The stairs from the waterslide will be attached to the funnel of the Pacific Dawn,enabling passengers to climb to the top of the funnel giving all those fit enough to make the climb a hitherto unparalled view of the pacific islands.

The actual slide has been relocated to the PD dining room where it is being used to transport dirty plates and cutlery to the kitchens below.

But wait ... there's more ..... (I wonder who they sent down to check???!?!)

Kylie took the corporate chopper out for a spin last night. :D

Carnival Australia no longer manages the Oz ships. That are merely booking bunnies that only see the ships and passengers on embarkation days. I would expect they would be among the last to know. Kylie's boss probably browsed Cruise Critic last night.

Archived