Atmosphere in Caribe Cafe??

Murphey

My hubby dislikes buffets immensly and insists on going to the dining room in the evenings. But I've heard such nice things about the seafood night in the Caribe Cafe, that I would hate to miss it. And, what is the difference between the two....

To add onto the same question - Does anyone recall if they offered Prime Rib and/or Iced Pina Colada soup in the Caribe Cafe during the Seafood Buffet?

I think if they do I can convice my husband that this will be a good option.

Prime Rib yes, on several occasions we have seen it offered, although I can't remember if they offer it the same night as the seafood buffet. The chilled soups, NO, that is something I have not yet seen either at the Cafe Caribe or Horizon Court on any night.

My hubby dislikes buffets immensly and insists on going to the dining room in the evenings. But I've heard such nice things about the seafood night in the Caribe Cafe, that I would hate to miss it. And, what is the difference between the two....

Since the seafood buffet is sooo popular they usually set up the Horizon Court buffet not the Caribe Cafe that night. One can still wander back to the Caribe Cafe to sit if they want. Difference - the Caribe Cafe buffet is much smaller. It basically has just one entrance and one exit with food all along just one side. Exception to that is some of the deserts. We made it a pratice to walk the entire buffet seeing what they were serving and then go back and re-enter to get our selections. The reason for this is that some of what one would consider appetizers are at the end not the beginning. :confused: The selections are much more limited than the Horizon during the day - but we found the quality to be equal to the dining room.

To add onto the same question - Does anyone recall if they offered Prime Rib and/or Iced Pina Colada soup in the Caribe Cafe during the Seafood Buffet?

I think if they do I can convice my husband that this will be a good option.

I do believe there was Prime Rib at the carving station. Sorry, don't remember the soup.

My DH enjoyed the Caribe so much we ate all our diners there. The staff was super and learned quickly what we wanted for our after meal beverages. A lot of time we would take them outside and sit at one of the Outrigger tables watching the wake as we enjoyed our tea & coffee. Several times one of the waiters would join us in line and juggle our plates for us and then take them to a table for us. It just depends how busy they are.

We had the cold soups most nights on our recent Crown cruise. Service was much better than on previous cruises. There was frequently someone to take your plate and find a table. Four or five people would come by every night to make sure we were happy with everything. There was crab and lobster most nights along with the meat being served in the dining room. We were so pleased with the buffet that we only ate one night in the dining room.

Archived