Fascination 9/8/08 Long Review With Pictures

davethomasowns

Thanks for the review. great job. so nice to see a review that was positive:) i cant believe some of the things people let bother them on VACATION, we all know them in our work or home life, never happy with anything. for example most of us are so so excited when boarding taking in all the special things about boarding. others notice a loose piece of carpet on the floor LOL :eek: I for one will not change, i will continue to enjoy being on a VACATION, on a CRUISE SHIP! wont even complain when i see really bad stuff like water on the deck by the pool area. :rolleyes: looking forward to cruise number 5 with carnival on the liberty 11/8/08

Excellent review and LOVED the photos!!! We just booked Fascination for next May. We were on the Inspiration this past Thanksgiving and Fascination looks very similar.........looking forward to this cruise :D

Susan

Great review! I started cruising when I was in college 106 years ago (ok...it was 1992 and I was a senior, but still....) and fell in love.

I have the Fascination booked for spring break '09 with my daughters and we're really looking forward to it.

Thanks for taking the time!

Great review, I couldn't have done better and your pictures turned out fabulous. My pictures didn't come out that great but I think my camera is at the end of it's life after taking it to Vegas last year. I will second the ship being great and look forward to sailing on her again in the future. Now I just need to find one to Key West and Cozumel so I can do our original trip.

I don't think I saw you on the ship but your girl may have caught my eye once or twice.

Thank you so much for the great review. I am leaving November 15th and we will visit Key West and Nassau so I was interested in hearing from someone who was on this ship. You did a great job telling us about the feeling of being on a cruise, I feel the same way, traveling on a ship is a terrific feeling and I always hate to leave. Then again, I always look forward to the next one.

Great review, I couldn't have done better and your pictures turned out fabulous. My pictures didn't come out that great but I think my camera is at the end of it's life after taking it to Vegas last year. I will second the ship being great and look forward to sailing on her again in the future. Now I just need to find one to Key West and Cozumel so I can do our original trip.

I don't think I saw you on the ship but your girl may have caught my eye once or twice.

Thanks for all of the replies.

If I knew what you look like I could tell you if we saw you or not.

I did run into a couple other people from our roll call though!

Thanks

Shane

Wow !! Great Review!!!

Loved the pics and format.

Thanks for mentioning the comedians. I love comedy shows and it is nice to know that they won't be a waste of time. Did any of the entertainers/cruise director mention if they are staying on board when the ship comes to Jacksonville?

We will also be on Empress deck midship, under the galley. I am worried about the noise. What was your experience?

Thanks Dave for an awesome review. We will be sailing on the fascination out of Jacksonville on October 27, 2008. Our cabin is on empress deck as well, but aft. It is E255. We have had aft several times and love watching the wake. We live in the panhandle of florida, so will probably drive down the day before and get a room. Does anyone know of any lodging that provides free parking during the cruise if you book a room with them? I also sailed on the Miracle. It was the last week in October 07. We had a blast with the halloween costume contest. I plan on taking a costume this year as well. Thanks for any info.

bc cruiser

Thanks Dave for an awesome review. We will be sailing on the fascination out of Jacksonville on October 27, 2008. Our cabin is on empress deck as well, but aft. It is E255. We have had aft several times and love watching the wake. We live in the panhandle of florida, so will probably drive down the day before and get a room. Does anyone know of any lodging that provides free parking during the cruise if you book a room with them? I also sailed on the Miracle. It was the last week in October 07. We had a blast with the halloween costume contest. I plan on taking a costume this year as well. Thanks for any info.

bc cruiser

Yes.

Thanks for that wonderful review. I just love, love, love the pictures! Do you mind telling me what kind of camera it is? How do you take beautiful pictures like those? Is that because of the camera, or the setting you use?

Thanks again for the replies.

It's just a Canon SD870 IS. For being a relatively cheap camera it takes pretty good pictures.

Thanks!

Shane

Dave,

Pointless question of the day: in the buffet, what are the coffee mugs like?

I hated, hated, hated, the plastic things they had on the Miracle. I'm a hot tea drinker, and once that soft-ish plastic has had coffee in it, it forever smells/tastes like coffee, no matter how often it is washed.

But on Glory, they had the typical cafeteria-type mugs - which are either a really, really hard plastic or some sort of heavy porcelain or ceramic.

Petty, I know. It's just that I'm driving to Jax in December, so don't have to worry about the weight of my suitcases. If they have that horrible plastic stuff, I'll just pack a nice big porcelain mug in my carryon.

Dave,

Pointless question of the day: in the buffet, what are the coffee mugs like?

I hated, hated, hated, the plastic things they had on the Miracle. I'm a hot tea drinker, and once that soft-ish plastic has had coffee in it, it forever smells/tastes like coffee, no matter how often it is washed.

But on Glory, they had the typical cafeteria-type mugs - which are either a really, really hard plastic or some sort of heavy porcelain or ceramic.

Petty, I know. It's just that I'm driving to Jax in December, so don't have to worry about the weight of my suitcases. If they have that horrible plastic stuff, I'll just pack a nice big porcelain mug in my carryon.

Sorry, but I am really not sure. I don't drink coffee or tea. :o

Archived