Which line for 8 and 3.5 yr. old?

sprockie

I am planning a cruise for our family of four. We have cruised pre-kid 5 times with Holland America, but need to rethink this choice to ensure we have a good kids club. I would like them to be in the same group if possible (younger is shy, older is outgoing). I don't want Carnival, MSC, Costa, but would like recommendations from Royal Caribbean, Princess, Celebrity or others anyone would guide us toward. Input is appreciated

I can heartily recommend Royal Caribbean. We have sailed with extended family -- kids from 11 months to 13 years old -- and all of them have enjoyed the trip along with their parents.

I sailed Celebrity (pre-baby) -- and while we very much adored our cruise -- imho, it wasn't as family-oriented as Royal. However, there have been many posts on here about how good X's kids club was, etc -- so I may be out of line. Hopefully someone wiser will post about X and Princess.

Unfortunately, no matter which line you should choose, it is very unlikely that your kids will be able to be in the same group. Most lines are very strict about the age thing -- and a 3.5 year old will be in the 3-5 yr old group-- At least this has been my experience.

Good luck and wishing you happy cruise planning!

Archived