30 lbs to New Years!!

Litewait

Well JuJuBee my problem just might be that I don't do ANY exercise!!! I'm 61 and figure I'm not gonna start now. Just your normal walking around the house and stores...I'm retired, so I shop allot!! Anyway, this board was so very active before Memorial Day and I think everyone went camping and forgot to come back!!! I do weigh in on Wednesday and usually don't post til Thurs, because I'm so very busy!!!:rolleyes: I haven't seen 120 pounds since before I got pregnant (age 39) I will be happy with 130, but my realistic goal is 135. I'm 5'2" and that seems to be the top of my weight, size graph. You must be doing something right to be maintaining your great weight!

Judi

SW 169.5

LW 145.0

CW 144.0

GW 135.0

When I first joined this group, I was at 162 and had a cruise coming up at the beginning of January. I ordered a workout program called Zumba, not sure if you've heard of it or not. I saw an infomercial on it and it looked like a TON of fun so I saved the money and bought it. I started it on Oct. 7th and by the end of December, I was down to 129. I worked out some after I got home from the Bahamas which I'm sure is what got me down those other 9 lbs. I haven't touched it since so I'm not sure how I've stayed at 120. I've been feeling like I've gained weight back but when I weighed myself yesterday, still 120. I do have 2 small children (ages 2 and a half and 1 and a half) that I chase at home all day so I'm sure that and just doing my housework is what's keeping it off lol Plus, I don't eat as much as I used to. I learned to eat smaller portions and not snack all day. I don't drink much water (which I know I should but I can't stand plain water and I don't like lemon in it either), infact I drink probably 5 or 6 sodas a day (MY POOR KIDNEYS!) so that's something I'm working on..water in-take.

I have some toning to do in my abs and legs but other than that, I'm happy with the results! I plan on purchasing the Bender Ball system and a Leg Magic (saw those at Walmart) so maybe that'll do the trick!

Keep your chin up! It's a process of finding something you enjoy that also works in taking the weight off. I love to dance so Zumba is perfect for me.

Hi everyone! Hope all is well. We have been re-doing our house (flooring, painting, blinds, etc). The house is still a mess and working from home during this time has been tough. My weight started slipping back up on me - you know the drill. I finally made myself get back on the diet before I gained everything back. I have lost 5 lbs since Sunday and now feel better about myself. I at least got back down into that lower decade. I had lost 50 lbs and got down to 147.6. On Sunday I weighed 155. I weighed in this morning at 149.4. Going camping this weekend but will be back on program monday. I will try my best to weigh in again next Thursday. I'm kind of proud of myself fir getting back on the diet before I gained 50 lbs back!!! Hope all of you have a great weekend!!!

Marlena

Hi Everyone - been doing good watching what I eat and making more effort at exercising. If I put in the time to pack up food ahead and can just pick out what I'll take with me I can do pretty darn well. Lack of planning has just the opposite effect - I seem to stray waaaay to much.

At 165 and holding - really keeping away from carbs and upping amount of water and veggies too. How's it going for the rest of you?

Have a real headache from no caffeine today. Have a medical test scheduled tomorrow and cannot have caffeine, (even decaf stuff is prohibited) no aspirin, Excedrin, alcohol or chocolate. Apparently very important no caffeine for this and I just want my tea. Yes ladies, it's not the chocolate I'm craving - hand over the tea and no one will get hurt! (I'm a huge tea drinker) Needless to say first thing after test tomorrow I am having a huge mug of tea!

Repairs are complete at our house - hooray! Looks great and State Farm was wonderful to work with.

Its been rain, rain and more rain here. Really unbelievable but we are getting huge number of downpours. Spring rains and its June 18th - Mother Nature is certainly confused. Are you getting lots of bad weather too?

Judi - you are really doing well - way to go! You are less than 10 lbs. from goal weight - what a TWIG!

Glad to see you back too Marlene.

Mango

Well ladies, I am back but can't say I have lost much weight. I am back to 173.0 and as my dh says, I am not on a diet.

For those of you that know angelkisses (Marlene's sister) - her home was hit by the tornado this last week in Kings Mountain, NC. Everyone is OK but alot of damage. Keep them in your prayers.

Pam

Hi All! I wanted to check in before we head over to Robin's for a "work day" to clean up from the tornado. Thanks to all of you who have emailed me asking about her. I will be sure to tell her that your prayers and concerns are with her when we get there today. "Mango" are you ok? I know you were having tests run. I've been thinking about you and concerned. Last Friday I weighed in at 149.6 (I think the .6 is right - could be off .2 LOL) and then went camping. Came back to 153.6 weight on Monday. I am happy to say I'm at 149.6 this morning again (Saturday). I went to the doc this week for recheck and he asked if I was having any fluid/swelling. I said, "Heck yeah". I explained how bad my weight yo yo's and a lot seems to be fluid retention. We talked about foods I know do that to me and the fact I tried to increase water, which I got brownie points for. He said that it seems I am more sensitive to sodium that most people. Great to hear - right?

Anyway, off to Robin's shortly - 90+ degrees today with high humidity. I hope no one suffers from heat exhaustion or stroke out there while we are working! I know they need our help so bad. This is a neighborhood clean up so hopefully a lot of volunteers will show up.

Talk to you next week - hope all the dads have a great Father's Day!

Pam - glad you are back. Let's lose some weight together! Bonnie - I know you said you had fell off the wagon some too - like all of us (summertime is the worst for me). So remember "We are a team of TITS and we will succeed".

Marlene

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for all your thoughts and prayers. The tornado is one of those things you read about or see on the news and think will never happen to you. We are more fortunate than most as our home damage is minimum (shingles, siding, gutters, etc.), david's outside building still has a tree laying across it but our biggest destruction was trees that are down and uprooted. We live in a forest like neighborhood or at least we did until Tuesday and now half the trees are gone, many of which will be very costly to remove because of size and location. Everytime I try to count how many trees are down I loose count. Out of the ones left standing we had to drop about 10 more because they presented a danger. We really didn't have as many show today as anticipated but we did get alot accomplished in a short amount of time. The United Methodist Disaster team from South Charlotte sent a couple men to help today and said they would have a larger team at our home next weekend. My biggest concern is my husband who refuses to stop working and take a breather and the heat has been torture and with my elderly neighbor who's yard looks worse than ours and partly because of our huge trees lying on his property. Tonight I managed to get my husband away for the first time and took him to a local diner but 5 minutes after we returned home I heard the chain saw going again.

As far as my diet, I have totally fallen off. I'm not sure how much I have gained back and scared to get on the scales. I picked up all the right stuff to eat and was starting to get back on track before the storm and now the depression of the scenery is making it hard to stick to it. I do have an appointment at the weight loss center in Huntersville in 3 weeks so my intentions are good ... if only my will power was just as strong.

But Robin - think about how many calories you are burning getting the yard cleaned back up! I suggest until you go to the weight loss doctor you try to Green Tea with Fat Burners I mentioned. Cheap pills that give you energy and seem to help. When I talk them I don't seem to retain as much fluid. And don't forget the Phillips tablets to keep everything "cleared out".

133 days to the Halloween Cruise - got to get slim and trim for that sexy costume!

Marlene

I'm going to go get the green tea fat burners tomorrow and when I restock on the gatorade I need to get the G2 instead of regular gatorade. I am trying to drink more water ... less gatorade because of all the sodium. One thing about it ... I am having no problem getting in the required daily intake of water. What is the brand name of the Green Tea Fat Burners?

Robin - so very relieved to hear that you and your family are okay. Sounds like a huge amount of damage outside. :eek: Hope that you get a break on the heat and humidity as sounds like you all have plenty to deal with already. You know we're all pulling for you - can't do much but send a great big e-hug your way!

Marlene - thanks for letting me know about Robin. I definitely included her in my thoughts and prayers. I know it must have been so very frightening for all.

My apologies for not checking in - some big stuff going on here that's been pretty pressing. Maybe more later.....

Also thanks for your concern Marlene. I do expect that medical tests will be okay - answers on these by end of week. Actually I have several to do that I have put off and put off.

Hi to all - have a good week - Any word from Bonnie? Do you know how to contact her via email?

Mango

Mornin all! Seems I'm behind again.. So much to catch up on! Robin, I'm sorry to hear about the tornado but thank the Lord you're alright! How's clean up going?

Marlene-HELLO!! No hi? Have I been forgotten? *sniffles* lol

Things are starting to settle more around here so that's good news. Oldest daughter is getting ready to leave for her father's for summer on Sunday so that's good and bad. I hate when she has to go but we enjoy the break from eachother lol Other than that, not much going on in my neck of the woods.

Hope all are doing well!

Jen

Sorry Jen. Didn't mean to leouave you out. Sometimes I post from Iphone ad have a little trouble finding everyone you need to respond to. We Congratulations on holding at 120 - that's totally awesome!!!!

After a bad weekend last weekend, I dropped some of the weight but still up 1 lb from pre-weekend (last weekend). I'm at 47 lb loss at the moment. We have big wedding and reception today and going camping for the 4th on Thursday - Sunday. When we returned I will have about 5 weeks with no special plans so HOPEFULLY I can get back on track. Even though up 3 lbs from February, that's actually an acomplishment for me. Seriously, by now I normally am up 20 lbs. I gain weigh back so fast. I can also tell today that I have fluid retention (so hot and humid here.)

Robin is still cleaning up from the tornado but Samaritan's Purse is helping out as well as a Methodist Disaster Relief Team. Both came because they got no federal/state funding to help them. Robin is so generous. She asked them to go to her elderly neighbor first and then come help them out.

Marie, I do have Bonnie's email and will try to email it to you this weekend.

On a very positive note - Pam (olepam) and I are going on another cruise together in February! Quite an accomplishment with her in California and me in North Carolina. We have two other couples that we met up with in February that are checking into it so we are keeping our fingers crossed. You know how you meet somene and you just "click". That Pam/Weldon & me/John. We had such a great roll call on CC, met up with the group before we even boarded ship and had so much fun together. We are going to fly to San Juan and do the 7 day Southern Carribean tour on Carnival Victory. Different island every day! We are actually leaving on February 7 (super bowl sunday - large screen tv at the pool). Anyone interested in joining us?

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!!!

Marlene

Hi All! Hope all of you had a great weekend. We went to a wedding and reception and I was very very bad. Since I was so bad on Sunday I thought "what the heck - let's be bad for another day!" I'm back on the diet today, drinking lots of water. Didn't get back on the scales this morning - scared to see how much my weight jumped up. As you may remember, I always jump 4 or 5 lbs on the weekends when I go off diet (which is about every weekend lately). I weighted about 5:00 this afternoon and was only up .8 of a lb from Saturday morning. WOW! Maybe this is going to be a good week! Well, maybe not......it is 4th of July weekend and we are going camping Thursday, returning on Sunday.

GOD BLESS AMERICA! HOPE ALL OF YOU HAVE A GREAT 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND!

Marlene

• 2 weeks later...

It needs to be more active for me to lose any weight. Come on, everyone lets support one another on here. I know I have not been good either, but we need more activity to give incentive to post.

Pam

I'm here Pam!!! I gained a lot of weight on the 4th of July trip and trying to lose it yet again. My goal is to be 140 lbs when you see me in February. I found a size 8 basic black dress new with tags at the GW Boutique a while back and was going to try to sell it on Ebay but tried it on and it actually zips up! It's a short dress and it's sleeveless (OMG - my wings will be showing) but it would be great to bring on the Feb cruise as it's very light weight. It really is slenderizing. So that is now my "inspiration dress". Right now it's a little tight in the hips but figured if I can lose to 140 it should look good.... I'll be a hot 55+ year old. LOL OK Pam - what's your goal?

Robin - I know you checked in this week. What's your goal for our October cruise? Let's set it and see what we can accomplish.

FYI all - I'm going on a cruise with Robin (AngelKisses) for Halloween in in February with Pam (olepam). So let's make some goals ladies!

Welcome back Marlene and Robin, we miss you when you don't check in. I am really looking forward to being on the cruise with you and John. Here is my goal. I would like to be at 150lbs or less by our cruise (2/7/10). I have really gained, now more than when I started last time. I was 173 lbs this morning. Keep me on the straight and narrow.

By the way, i don't gamble that much on the ship. Maybe I should beings he says i do.

Glad that they caught the guy doing the killings. How awful it was.

Robin, how is the clean up coming from the tornado. Hope that all is well by now.

OK, all, let's support one another. Pam

Well, yesterday started out good - stuck to the diet - then last night, I blew it. I have GOT TO DO BETTER! So that's my daily confession.

OK - Pam - let's get in the mindset and start these weekly weigh ins again. I'm going to drink water today, lots of water and tomorrow morning I will post my start weight.

Marlene

We can do Thursday or Friday - your choice my friend. This week it's going to be on Friday (tomorrow) as My weight jumped up 2 lbs overnight so I'm cheating!!! LOL AND I'm trying to get pumped up for this again. We started the 30 lbs to New Years about a year ago. So anyone want to go for 30 lbs again? Personally, since I was able to lose the weight last year, I don't think 30 more lbs would come off that quickly for me. I would however, like to lose about 13 lbs. And, Pam, you said 150 by February. Don't forget - you need to make some short term goals as well. Otherwise, you will do like I have been doing lately - "Oh, I got time to get the weight off.....I'll do better next week....and eat what I want this weekend." Sound familiar to anyone else? I'm going to sit down tonight and make some realistic goals for me - I've been doing the yo yo thing too long - lost these same 5 lbs for about 4 months now about 10 - 12 times different times. AND I have already told my husband you and I were going back to our weekly weigh ins tomorrow and I had to be careful what I eat today. See - I'm trying to get pumped!!!

Ok T.I.T.S. - anyone want to do this with us - again? I've emailed Robin and I know she has an appt with a new weight loss doctor maybe next week? so think we may be able to get her back in here with us.

Where's Bonnie? (Going to email her tonight) Mango? We haven't heard if your tests were ok. (Going to email her tonight too!)

OK ladies - either post today or wait for my email. LOL

SEE I'M TRYING TO GET PUMPED!!!! WE CAN DO THIS LADIES!!!

Marlene

Member of the Original T.I.T.S.

OK checking in at the end of the day. I've done good today. My husband made chili for supper (he gets home at 3:00 and I'm working in my home office until 5:00 - 6:00).Chili wasn't exactly on my diet, but ate one bowl. His response, "You didn't like it? You are only eating one bowl?" DUH - I told him this morning I was getting back on the diet.

I've also been working on my goals (short term). Now to go email those of you who haven't been on the board.

Marlene

Haven't had dinner yet, and don't know what to have. I was better today (as I didn't stop for donut on the way to work) and started the day with a protein shot.....remember those.

Welcome back Robin, be sure and post often. Marlene, we can do this together.

Pam

WTG Pam - no donut today. I have not had my normal glass of wine so that was my sacrifice today. LOL I have been doing the protein shots as well but ran out. Will buy more this weekend! I took 2 doses of my green tea capsules today. I will probably be awake at midnight from all the caffeine those things have.

AND I actually got some 3 lb weights out of my closet and did some arm exercises today for my "wings".

Marlene

As promised (to you and to myself), I am posting my weight. Boy this is hard to do but at least I haven't gained 50 lbs back but I know if I don't do this, eventually i will do that. I've made short term goals (actually have weekly goals for myself but won't post those). I'm going to the beach for a week right after the 9/4/09 weigh in so it's going to be a struggle to be down below the 140 by Halloween cruise, but gonna try. Also exercised upper arms today - 2 days in a row!!

Original Weight 9/6/08: 197.6

Start Weight: 152.0

Current Weight: 152.00

Goal Weight #1: 147.6 by 7/31/2009

Goal Weight #2: 142.6 by 9/4/09

Goal Weight #3: 139.8 by 10/31/09

Goal Weight #4: 137.6 by 2/5/09

All I have time for this morning is my weight as of 7/10/09

As much as I hate to say, back at 173.8 lbs. I will try for 150 by 2/4/10 but would like to get to 143.8 (30 lbs). Have a great day, will post more later.

Pam

Archived