30 lbs to New Years!!

Litewait

WTG Bomnie. I may have to give the ww points a try. I WAS having a decent week but this morning weight jumped up. Don't you just hate that when it happens? I am going to fluid body with water today and see what happens in the morning.

Marlene

Good Morning,

We are doing fine, it is always hard to lose a family member. I have been really busy so haven't been on the computer as much, but I do check my email and posts every day. Thanks for the support.

Last Friday I weighed 173.8. This morning the scales were smiling on me.

Yesterday I was even .2 lbs lighter. Offical weigh in

SW (7/10) 173.8

CW (7/17) 170.8

Lost 3lbs in one week.........How about THAT

Looking forward to read how wonderful everyone's week has been. I know that with the way my week has been I haven't felt like eating as much and have been really busy but until later I hope that you have had a great week. Pam

That's wonderful Pam!! So very proud of you. I knew you could do this.

Me? Well not as good as I had hoped but eating wise, I thought I had done pretty good. I lost 1.4 lbs this week. It was discouraging but keep telling myself that when you get to a certain point it just doesn't come off as quickly. We are doing a spur of the moment camping trip this weekend - just one night (Saturday). So hopefully I stay focused - no ice cream for one. Maybe grilled chicken for supper and yes, just a few glasses of wine. LOL

So here are my #'s:

Original weight 9/4/08: 197.6

Restart weight 7/10/09: 152.0

Current weight: 150.4

Goal Weight #1: 147.6 by 7/31 (to get back down to my 50 lb loss)

Goal weight #2: 142.6 by 9/4 (before we go to the beach for a week)

Goal weight #3: 139.8 by 10/31 (Halloween cruise)

Goal weight #4: 137.6 by 2/5/10 (February cruise)

Pam, so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law, but happy to hear about your weight loss!

I weighed in Wed. and was down 2.5 pounds. That sounds great, but the week before I had gained 2 pounds, so I lost the two pounds and only 1/2 pound of new weight. I should have lost 4 pounds to come out even (2 pound gain and two weeks of a one pound loss),but I didn't so I have a deficit of 1.5 pounds. It doesn't seem to make sense, but it does to me and I always listen to the voices in my head!

Hope everyone had a good week:p

SW 169.5

LW 143

CW 141.5

GW 135:eek:

I'm back. My name is Robin and I'm an Eat-A-Holic. After going off my diet pills at the end of February I discovered I did not have as much control as I thought I did. Tried to save a few bucks and quit going to the Weight Loss Doctor. Gradually, I started eating more and more. Nothing seemed to fill me up. I wouldnt get on the scales because I knew I was gaining weight and didnt want to face it. Didn't want to post on hear because I was ashamed at my failure.

Finally, I found a weigh loss doctor and although about 40 minutes away they accepted my insurance co-pay rather than making me pay the $100+ I had been paying each month. My appointment was Tuesday and I am pumped and thrilled to be back dieting. Somehow going to the doctor and taking my prescription diet pill its a constant reminder all day long of my goals. I would like to say that this was my 3rd weight loss clinic. I quit the first one because I couldnt afford it ($140 a month). The 2nd place was cheaper but I thought the doctor was a little whacked (I was right). Then I went to this place and feel confident I am where I should be. They really monitor your body as whole. Before I could even start with the shots and pills I had to go thru a complete physical including an EKG, Heart Ultrasound, Lab Work and a Breathing Metabolism test. Perhaps all of that was not needed but I figured I got a real good physical. The metabolism test showed that I needed to focus on eating around 1500 calories a day. There was times in the past that I would try to cut down to 1000 but the doctor told me that according to my metabilism if I dropped that low for any length of time, I would drastically slow down my metabolism and would hit those plateaus. I was told to only take one shot a week (others wanted me taking 3 ... more $$$). When I inquired she told me that if I hit a plateau then we will add more shots. She told me I did not need to be on the thryoid medicine the other doctor tried putting me on.

Okay ... now for my confession. my weight peaked at 247. After going to the weight loss doctor I dropped to around 200 (give or take a couple pounds). On Tuesday when I went to the doctor I weighted 214. This morning I am back down to 204. Don't you just love those first couple weeks when lbs drop quickly.

I'm a little concerned because I leave for vacation tomorrow. We will have a suite with a kitchen so I can go to the grocery store and buy some healthy snacks and stay focused on at least breakfast and lunch though we will probably dine out each evening. The new doctor told me the bottom line in dieting is calorie intake. If I decide that I have to have that ice cream then I will have to make adjustments elsewhere in my diet that day so as not to go over the 1500 calories.

Speaking of ice cream ... I have bought alot of it since March. I have now replaced it with the Lemon Italian Ice which I love and its only 80 calories. I plan to buy a couple boxes for the beach.

Okay... I want be back on until next weekend but wish me lots of luck in loosing or at least maintaining while at the beach.

Sorry I didn't report in on Friday; just not enough time to do so. But I'm in today and even though there's not time, I'm making time.

SW: 220.5

RSW: 161.4 (RSW = Re-Start Weight)

CW: 159.8

Not a great report, but better than gaining.

So sorry to hear of your loss, Pam.

Welcome back, Robin!

Sorry, work calls.

B

Or am I early for this weeks?

Regardless I really need to keep chipping away at this weight and will to report Friday - maybe I can squeak it down more. I weighed 172.8 this morning. Mini happy dance - right direction and I did indulge a bit - country fried steak and mashed potatoes are definitely deadly for the diet! Sigh.........

SW: 174 (think about on 7/10/09)

CW: 172.8

GW: 165 1st goal (for 9/3 - birthday present to me)

(trying to be more goal oriented on this - maybe it'll make me work harder)

Robin - glad you are back with us. Pam, my deep sympathy to you and your family.

Remember the mantra:

NOTHING LOOKS AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!

Have a great day!:p

Marie

Hi everyone! Better report back in as I don't want us to all fall off the board again and I must do my part. We went camping on Saturday night so Sat & Sun weren't very good diet wise but didn't think I had THAT bad. However, when I weighed yesterday (Monday) scales were up 3.2 lbs!!!! For those that have followed my story, that's normal for me. Doctor says I'm over sensitive to sodium and yes, I may have drank just a little too much "A" on Saturday. I weighed again this morning and 2.2 lbs dropped off in 24 hours so keeping fingers cross I will get back down to Friday's weight and would love to at least lose another 1/2 lb. 3 more days until weigh in - I really hoped to get back down to my 50 lb loss by 7/31 but can't keep going in wrong direction and meet that goal. I weighed 151.6 this morning and 50 lbs is 147.6 - 4 lbs needed in how many days? That's going to be tough as my weight is coming off so slow now but just got to stay focused and be happy for any loss at all. Guess I will be that little turtle running the race now.

Later - emails are popping up like crazy - WORK emails!

Marlene

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the kind words and many prayers. We appreciate them. The celebration of life will be this Saturday so still seem busy. We have started taking Green Tea Soft Gels with Fat Burner. Anyone that has taken them, can you tell me anything that I need to know. (Do they work at all). One lady that works with my husband lost over 100 lbs mainly taking them and watching calories.

Will post again later, I really need everyone's help in keeping this going.

Pam

Pam- that's what I take. the ones from Walmart? They say take 2 in the morning and 1 or 2 in the afternoon. If you take 2 in the late afternoon, you will be awake all night. I normally take 2 late morning. Sometimes take 2 doses but normally just 2 one time a day. taking 4 /day may have you climbing the walls. Just see how they affect you. They are rather inexpensive compared to most pills. When we go camping, I'll put some in these time clear plastic bags (hold about 4 or 5 pills) and drop in my pocketbook/suitcase rather than carrying the big bottle. I had a pack in my jeans and washed them. When I got them out of the dryer, there was this clear bag with something that looked like "spinach" inside. Good thing I was the one that found them - John may have done a lot of questioning if he had found it first.

Marlene

I had a lunch meeting yesterday, with FREE FOOD. That's never a good idea for me. If I had to pay for each item, I would've eaten much less. But, it seemed like overeating at lunchtime just made me hungrier for the rest of the day...until I fell into bed, overstuffed. BAD day and I was a BAD girl. I'm pretty sure I used every one of the 35 points WW allows for the WEEK yesterday.

I was back up into the 160's this morning, too. :mad:

I'm having a couple other problems, ....1) NO energy. When I was on the medicine, I had enough energy for me and another person (but never jittery feeling and could always sleep). Now I have NONE. From what I'm reading the green tea pills may help that, so I'm going to look into it. And, 2) I have found that if I eat carbs for breakfast, I am VERY jittery WAY before it's time to eat lunch....which makes me eat something between breakfast & lunch. Doesn't happen if I eat protein, BUT those "free" protein bullets on the old diet ? -- They're THREE POINTS (!!!) on WW. Now, who in their right mind wants to spend three points on that disgusting stuff? I may have to go back to them, though; can't stand the jittery feeling. "Oatmeal to Go" is very tasty, "costs" four points, but contains NO protein.

What BEAUTIFUL Facebook Friends I have! I have really enjoyed putting a face with a name, but I have to say that I'm surprised by your beauty. Somehow, I pictured y'all way different than you are. Thanks for being my Facebook Friends.

Work calls.

B

3 points for our bullets? That sucks. I'm scared, however, to stop taking them but sure would save a lot of money!! How about eggs? they have a lot of protein - how many points?

Have you tried the calorie free energy drinks Bonnie? I drink one of those (large ones) per day and then take my green tea pills (2 pills 1X day). Just don't take them close to bedtime - either one! You'll be watching all the a.m. shows you didn't know existing. LOL Sometimes the energy drink gets poured into a wine glass trying to trick me out a little.....

the green tea pills do have caffeine - just don't take them with a coffee etc or you could climb the walls. Just test them to see what variation # and x's works for you.

Marlene

I'm in too!!! My husband and I are taking a group cruise with about 50-60 friends and co-workers January 16th, 2010. The thought of bearing skin in front of all of them is enough to make me cry.

I am looking to lose 25-30lbs by our departure date.

I have already changed our WOE to high pro low cal diet. Currently I am only intaking around 1300 calories and cut out soda entirely. When I start my offical workout plan I will have to eat more due to the intensity.

I am about to start a 13 workout a week plan....I'm already tired just thinking about it lol. To be honest I am lacking some motivation, my husband is an enabler as far a laziness goes. I'm so glad I found this board, I hope we can all help one another.

Thanks

Welcome Denali:D:D...very supportive group here...we certainly don't want to be responsible for the boat listing to one side, so we are all losing together...Weigh in today and I'm down 1.5 pounds. .5 to go till 30 pound loss!! Happy dances all around!!! Good luck to everyone!!

Judi

SW 169.5

LW 141.5

CW 140

GW 135 ( then the dreaded maintenance:eek:)

Welcome Denali!

Good job Judi, so very close to your goal.

I hope that all are having a good week. I sure will be glad once this weekend is over. Thanks all for your continued prayers. Considering all that is going on I have been able to lose a little. If I can lose this week I should be able to make goal.

Current Starting Weight = 173.8 (7/10)

Weight 7/17 = 170.8

Weight 7/24 = 169.4

Lost 1.4 lbs

My goal is 150 lbs by February (or better yet, 143 lbs (30))

Pam

Hi all! Congratulations Pam and Judi on your weight loss. Judi - yes maintenance sucks. That's where in the past I have really blown it. You just have to keep those weekly weigh in's going and continue with the support of this group. I had lost 50 lbs from 9/6 until my cruise 2/21 earlier in the year. Gained lots of weigh on the cruise - you know how that goes. I've been basically trying to get back to the 50 lbs so I can then lose a few more. I weighed in this morning at 149 which is a 1.6 lb loss. Not bad seeing I gained almost 3 1/2 lbs over the weekend. LOL

Now to you Denali - so glad to have a newcomer. We hope you will check in daily with us and weigh in on Fridays. If you have a bad week - that's ok - confess and we move on. I weighted almost 200 lbs last Labor Day, wearing 16's and 1X - totally embarassed to be seen in a bathing suit. I came home from the beach determined I would lose weight before my anniversary cruise in February. I started with a goal of 25 lbs and doubled it! I went from Obese to "healthy" BMI (just got back to healthy this week). So I know you can lose at least 25 - 30 lbs by your cruise. I have no doubt! We are all behind you!

Robin (Angel Kisses) comes back from the beach today so she should be getting back on here with us. Just so Denali can keep us straight - Robin is my younger sister. Pam (OlePam) and I met through Cruise Critic on our Roll Call. Actually met her husband first. Pam and I like each other so much that we are going on another cruise in February! She lives in California and I'm in North Carolina - kind of far apart! Nana #2 (Bonnie) we found just lives a few miles from me here in North Carolina though we have no yet met. If I'm not mistaken, Judi met Robin on a previous cruise. Robin recently had a tornado rip through her neighborhood. Pam's sister in law just died. So does that give you enough information to get started? LOL If you are on Facebook, let us know your name on there and we'll all hook up!

So Denali, tells us where you live and where you are going on your cruise?

Pam - John & I are going to Joyce & Roy's house for supper Saturday. Going to try to convince her to get on CC with us!

OK - TITS (Twigs in Training) - hope everyone has a great weekend. Remember "nothing tastes as good as thin feels".

Love ya all!!!

Marlene

Welcome Denali - glad to have you join us - Yep, I'm in the group too - even if you forgot me Marlene - boo hoo!:rolleyes:)

Heading out for the weekend shortly but wanted to stop in for weigh-in report. Wish I had more time but need to do some things before we head up to the lake.

Wishing you all a fun weekend! Kudos on those good weigh ins!!!!

Mango (Marie)

SW: 174 7/10

CW: 172 7/24

GW: 165 9/3

OMG - so sorry Marie. You know I love you - didn't intentionally omit you. Just got carried away with all the connections. Denali - now you have met Mango Tango (also know as Marie). I am so jealous - going to the lake! OMG - wait for me!!! And by the way, congrats on the 2 lb loss. Remember we are like the little turtle - slowly but surely we are going to beat this battle of the bulge. So LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED! IT'S 5:00 FRIDAY AFTERNOON HERE ON THE EAST COAST!

I thought about you ladies 100's of times over the weekend, but never found the time to log on and report my weight....gain. And, since hubby surprised with with a spur-of-the-moment trip to the NC mountains this past weekend (and an all-you-can-eat buffet) I am sure glad weigh-in day isn't Monday!

Current Starting Weight = 161.4 (7/10)

Weight 7/17 = 159.8

Weight 7/24 = 161.4

Welcome, Denali! I know in reason when you saw the "30 pounds by New Years" heading, you thought it was New Years of 2010. Our original goal was 30 pounds by New Years 2009, but we decided to stick together through 2009 to support each others' weight loss. Funny, the only person who didn't stay in the group is the originator of the thread!!! We've all fallen off the wagon from time to time (some of us - ME - more than others), but with the support of this group, we HAVE to get back on.

I'm eating a turkey sandwich on whole wheat with mustard and cut-up cauliflower (for "chips") as I type, so I'm back on the wagon. (And only 3 points.)

Marlene, an egg is 2 points (and that's if it's not cooked in any kind of oil; I use Pam at home, but I still count it as two points no matter where I get it or how it's cooked!). I got some of the pre-cooked canadian bacon recently. Three slices of that is only ONE point!

Work calls.

B

How about we get a list going of good "low point value" food ideas. I'm trying to get together a shopping list and would welcome some fresh ideas.

Here's a few of I use - let us know what you are doing:

Make "ice cream sandwiches" with Cool Whip and graham cracker sections - wrap and freeze.

Ground turkey breast (lower in fat than ground turkey) for stuffed peppers.

Homemade vegetable soup with no fat - zero points and easy to have anytime.

Apple sections with cinnamon and nutmeg - microwave till soft.

Chicken, veggies and salsa - season and cook in foil packets to steam.

Been putting fruit out on the table at the end of dinner - mostly grapes, melon or pineapple. Has become a regular "dessert" lately.

Let's hear those great ideas!:D

Mango (Marie)

hey, what's up? Everybody go on vacation?????:confused:

Popped in here a couple of times and nobody has been on --I actually have been doing really well on WW. (Imagine that!):p

Will weigh in tomorrow as we are heading up to the lake this time very early Friday morning - want to get on the road before the traffic starts. Been keeping right on plan but I have to admit I probably won't be so good this weekend. Kids and grandkids all coming - and temptation galore I know.

will touch base tomorrow. THINK THIN!!!! -

Marie

I weigh a pound more than I did this time last week, but I must admit that I'm not at all surprised. My excuse is that I start attending WW meetings next Wednesday, so I'm having my "last meals" of everything before that day comes. I just love to eat. I'm also back to eating a meal and thinking about the next one, which is awful.

The only "great idea" I've come up with so far, Mango, is grilled zuchini. I cut thick slices (halved lenghwise would work, too), put it in a Ziploc bag with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle it with italian seasoning, roll it around in the back to get it evenly coated, and grill it 5 minutes on each side (keeping in mind that I have one of those "flameless" gas grills) and sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese before I eat it. Delicious, and can't be too high in points (maybe 1; maybe 0).

DH and I also enjoy the new sweet potato fries from the freezer section of the grocery store, baked in the oven. I think they're two points per serving (going by memory here).

Here's my report :mad::

Starting weight (7/10): 161.4

Last week's weight (7/24): 161.4

Current weight (7/31): 162.4

Oh! Besides mowing the grass, I have had NO exercise this week, either :eek:. I promise to do better once I start attending meetings (and getting more good food ideas for everyone). This is my last WEAKend (I hope) EVER....we have definite cruise plans for December 5-12, 2009; I HAVE to lose some more weight!

Have a great weekend, everyone.

B

Well, It is time to tell the bad news. I also have not lost, but I weigh 1 lb. more than last Friday. I have done better as at one point this week I was up 4 lbs.

SW 173.8

LW 169.4

CW 170.4

I should do better this week. Last week was bad for the diet, but I am really trying to do better.

Where is everyone.........? We are suppose to be checking in.

Have a great weekend (not weakend).

Pam

Well, I too, didn't have a great week. A week ago I weighed in at 149 and hoped to get 147.6 this week, which would have put me at 50 lbs again. BUT last weekend I was bad and went to 153. So Monday I started dieting again, but on Tuesday my DH wanted to go out to eat, have a few drinks and listen to a band.....when we left there just happened to be a BEN AND JERRY'S ice cream place.....and Yes, that's my weakness....smalll scoop in a sugar cone. Wed morning my weight was 155 lbs!!!! Fortunately as of this morning (Saturday) my weight was back down to 149.2 but I'm sitting here right now with a few glasses of wine and just had 2 barbecue sandwiches while we watch the Busch race......I am so bad.

Marlene

Archived