Lightweight hair dryer

eandj

Anybody have suggestions for a lightweight hair dryer? The ones I face in hotels and ships just make me carry my own. But it's so heavy due to the power and setting variety. Any kind out there that is lighter than normal, but is strong enough to dry and style your hair in a reasonable time?

Conair Ceramic folding dryer I found at Target. It's very powerful (1875 watts) and has several settings & is not heavy at all. Less than $20, good luck!

Jan

That's the one I also have and I'm pleased with it. :) I think it was $16 at Walmart.

Ask your hair stylist, there are professional hair dryers that come in travel sizes. They may cost a little more than the Target kind, but the one I have I even use it at home sometimes, it's just as powerful as my regular one.

Give them a little time, many hairstylists go to the supply store once a week, or bi-weekly.

I also have a Babyliss that I traviel with. It looks like a teeny tiny regular hair dryer, I got it at my salon for $20. I'ts very powerful, dries my short bob in just a few minutes. I have a travel flat iron made by them also. It was $20 and is, again, a teeny tiny one that looks like a shrunken down regular size one. You can goole babyliss and find sites that sell these, or check with local salons.

Just a tip with those travel hairdryers....

If you have really long hair, I would recommend looking for a smaller regular hairdryer for traveling instead of the teeny tiny travel ones. My hair is really long and in my experience, when using the teeny tiny travel hairdryers, the opposite side of the hairdryer will suck in my hair and burn it, not to mention it hurts pulling it out of the hairdryer. Be careful not to get the opposite side of the hairdryer too close to your hair!! OUCH! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Anybody have suggestions for a lightweight hair dryer? The ones I face in hotels and ships just make me carry my own. But it's so heavy due to the power and setting variety. Any kind out there that is lighter than normal, but is strong enough to dry and style your hair in a reasonable time?

Are the hairdryers in the drawers strong enough for medium length hair?

Sailing on the Maasdam.

Thanks and Cheers!

Hi, hope you found a dryer:)

I wanted to say thank you for the recent posting you replied

to over on the X board concerning that thread about age and

what the poster had to say.

Your posting was spot on~thank you again:).

Archived