Hotel in Long beach 2 days prior

mm9/08/04

:confused: After reading some reviews,I am not sure where to stay.We are on Carnival Pride and we are taking a tour out of Long beach with sunseekers,and are torn between 3 hotels.We do want breakfast at the hotel though and close to stores.They are the Hilton,Westin and Hyatt.leaning towards the hyatt & the hilton.Please any advise is appreciated.Thanks:)

We stayed at the Hyatt and it was a very solid hotel and is very nicely located. At the same time, on our next trip we plan to stay at the Renaissance which we visited our last time there. It too looks like a very nice hotel and is located a little closer to some stores, etc. But both are really nicely located.

Keith

We stayed at the Hilton. It was a nice enough hotel but had to take a bus to the restaurant area or 2 buses to the grocery/misc shopping. The Hilton did have a restaurant but we didn't try it and breakfast was an additional charge.

I think we'd stay at Renaissance or Hyatt next time just for the convenience. Renaissance has a club level rate that includes snacks, beverages, dessert and breakfast.

Paula

We traveled this region last year on a 30th surprise birthday cruise for my daughter. We flew in the day before and stayed at the Coast Hotel in Long Beach. What an awesome hotel that was. I had called the hotel direct and we had gotten way better rates than booking online. We had fantastic rooms overlooking the bay. I will b ehappy to answer any further questions for you that you have. Nanalovescruising.

Anyone know a hotel in LB that provides a free shuttle to the ship terminal?

Thanks.

Coast Hotel, click here for pics and info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=602024

They're going to be doing renovations though soon, so will closing down one section at a time (I'm not even sure if they know exactly what they're doing yet).

:confused: They are the Hilton,Westin and Hyatt.leaning towards the hyatt & the hilton.Please any advise is appreciated.Thanks:)

We just spent a weekend pre-cruise at the Westin, which we got for a KILLER rate on Priceline. We really loved :D Long Beach, and were so glad that we stayed there but the Westin not so much. Service was fine, location was extremely quiet, harbor-view (sorta) room was modern, clean and lovely (Heavenly Bed - ahhh) and the property had a nice little roof-top pool and hot tub. I wish I could recommend it, but here's the thing: the bathroom lighting was so poor I literally had to "put my face on" in the car. I kid you not, it was simply impossible to do make-up anywhere in that room. For this reason we will never stay there again, and would be wary of any Westin anywhere if the decor is uniform from one to the next.

Happy Sails,

Annette

Shout out to CJW - thanks for all your advice.:) So glad though that we didn't end up in one of the Beach Cities after all; we visited all of them from Newport to Malibu and I HATED the vibe they had. Long Beach couldn't have been a better!!

Archived